Chapter 5

Vidhya's pov :

I reached home along with Karthik. It was a fun day with Nisha and Karthik. I would've been more happy if Madan wasn't there.

I wonder how could I expect going to Venus Group Of Companies' annual celebration without its future heir but here I am.

Everything was silent about the house. Maya and aunt didn't open their mouth after the CEO and the only founder of the company and a billionaire came to our house just to apologise Karthik.

I was tired after hours of being in that party. I made my way towards the bathroom and took a warm shower and wore my night dress.

I felt fresh and laid on the bed, my hand reached my phone grabbing it. I scrolled through YouTube and listened to songs for few minutes and went off to sleep.

I woke up as sunlight caressed my face. I woke up reluctantly and started getting ready for work. It's really boring considering the fact that my whole life has a same routine.

After dressing into my office suit, I exited my room and reached the hall.

"Courier!", A voice yelled from the door and I went to open the door. I was surprised to look at the beautiful flower bouquet in the doorstep. But, I couldn't find any courier man in the street.

I took it in my hand where my name was attached to it.

It's for me!

I wonder who could send this to me. I looked at another mini card where letters were written and I started reading it.

----------★᭄ꦿ᭄ꦿ----------

Never in my life I thought I'll meet someone beautiful like you..

- Madan
----------★᭄ꦿ᭄ꦿ----------

I was shocked when I saw the name Madan. I wonder why he have to send this to me. To impress me? It's obvious that I won't fall in his cheap traps. So, I threw the bouquet in the nearby dustbin and made my way back inside my house.

"What was that?", Karthik asked mentioning the courier.

"Nothing to worry about.", I answered and started drinking my milk and eating the bread slice so did Karthik.

"I'll drop you in your office.", He said and we walked outside the house.

Karthik dropped me infront of my office and left to his office. I went inside the office and reached my table.

Nisha hugged me from back which made me flinch for a second.

"Congrats! You didn't tell me you're committed..", she said and I was trying to process what she was talking about.

"Committed? What the hell are you saying? I'm still single.", I said and she frowned.

"But, see your table.", She said and I looked at my table where a gift box and a flower bouquet was placed. I looked at the bouquet where a mini card was attached.

----------★᭄ꦿ᭄ꦿ----------
Sorry for what happened yesterday.

-Madan
----------★᭄ꦿ᭄ꦿ----------

I was confused about his behaviour. Is he a bipolar bastard? I looked at the gift box which was wrapped in a shining and glittering gift wrapper.