Chapter 29

Vidhya's pov :

The day went by and I reached home by midnight and I looked at Karthik's room which was closed. I knocked on his door but there was no response.

I knocked again a multiple times because I felt so sad. All he did was for me and I was in a situation to deny his words.

"Just get lost!", He yelled from inside and I flinched. I didn't knock again and went back to my room and cried.

The night went sleepless just like last night.

~★~

It was morning 6 and I was unable to get sleep. Madan's mom asked me to go with him for shopping. I lay my head on the headrest, frustrated.

I had a shower and changed into a random dress from my wardrobe.

I took my bag and went outside my room seeing Madan waiting for me in the couch

As soon as he saw me, he smirked and looked me from top to bottom.

"Not bad. You look beautiful in any dress..", he said earning a glare from me.

That's when Karthik came out and it angered him to see Madan.

"Hey, Karthik, how're you doing?", Madan asked him clearly mocking him.

"I'm going on a wedding shopping with your sister, wanna join?", He asked and Karthik left glaring at me.

"See how rude your brother is. He doesn't even both to talk to me or say goodbye to you.", He said to me in sarcastic tone.

"Well, we're getting late. Can we go?", He asked and I nodded.

We got into his car. I remember the days when I entered his car with the excitement of seeing him and talking to him but it didn't feel the same anymore.

I never thought even happy memories with him hurts a lot.. I trusted him and he broke it so cruelly.

He drove straight towards the mall and there was an uncomfortable silence between us.

I sat there gazing at my lap the entire time when the car stopped.

"We've reached. Get down.", He said and I got down.

We entered into the luxurious shop. The dresses were more costlier than we think.

"Do you want to select your dress by yourself or you want me to?", He asked and I ignored him.

"Don't keep this face infront of everyone. After the shopping, we hsve to go to the press meet with dad, remember? Won't your grandfather be disappointed if you keep this face infront of the press too.", He said.

"I know. Shut the fuck up and finish everything soon.", I said and we went to the fifth floor which was exclusively for wedding and other marriage functions.