Chapter 48

Vidhya's pov :

I woke up as sunrays hit my face. I hate it when someone opens the window at morning.. I slowly opened my eyes to see Madan leaning his hands on the window and looking out, shirtless.

I felt something inside me that I shouldn't feel. I shook my head to bring my mind back to normal state.

"Good morning..", he said with a smile.

"Morning..", I said in a lowest voice possible and looked at the time.

"Oh shit, it's getting late for the office!", I said jumping out of my bed.

"You're not going to office today. We have an appointment with a neurologist today.", He said and I frowned.

"I'm fine. I don't want a neurologist. Just get ready for office before it gets late.", I said, walking towards the closet but he followed me there.

"You don't have to worry about office because dad already gave you and me off today. So, get ready for tt3e hospital soon."

"I know better about my health. If I say I'm fine, then I'm fine. Even if I feel sick, I know I should go to doctor."

"Its not like I'm telling you're sick. It's just a small precaution that you shouldn't get sick in the future. Prevention is better than cure, nah.."

"I don't want to go to the doctor, that's it!", I said and took a kurti from my cupboard.

"Your brother is coming too. Still you don't want to come?", He said and I was stunned.

At that point, I became nervous. I know it's just a checkup but I hate hospitals and the smell of hospitals. On the other hand, I can meet my brother and talk to him..

I sighed and looked down.

"Do you fear doctors?", He asked all of sudden, noticing my odd behaviour.

"Did I tell you?"

"No"

"Then how could you just judge me like this!?"

"No, I'm not judging you. Are you on your periods?", He asked, annoying me more. I kept coming out of the closet and made my way towards the restroom to get myself freshened up.

After a long shower, I wore my kurti and dried my hair using the dryer and came out to see Madan sitting in the bed while watching TV.

A frown appeared on my forehead looking at the TV screen. He was watching an intimate song, his hand reached to the TV remote and turned it off immediately as soon as he saw me. He cleared his throat nervously and stood up.

"I'll get ready within 10 minutes and come back.", With that, he left.

~★~

It was almost 10 when we left home. Right now, I was fidgeting with my hands, while sitting outside the doctor's cabin. Karthik, on the other hand was very quiet.

Even though I wanted to start a conversation with him but my fear for doctors overtook me right now. The smell of hospital makes me feel more anxious.

Looking at the other patients and their sad face makes my anxiety reach it's peak.

"I think you should stop playing with your fingers. You have sharp nails and you might hurt yourself.", Madan's voice snapped me out of trance.

"No, no. I'm not.", I said and tried to act normal.

He might think so coward of me if he knows. Maybe he already knows, but I don't really want to show it out.

But, I just couldn't forget how that pervert doctor tried to misbehave with me when I was just 6.