Chapter 52

Vidhya's pov :

I went back to my room as I saw Madan placing his phone down and then he turned towards me and gave me a smile.

"Have you eaten your lunch? Because you had a bad day and I thought-"

"I didn't..", I said because my mood was better than before.

"Did Nisha say something about who sent that video to her?", He asked. He looked so gentle when he asked me about that.

"She said it was an unknown number and when she tried to track the number, it looked like they were using a VPN.", I replied.

"You don't have to worry about that because I asked my men to look into it.", He said and his looks were assuring so I sighed in relief.

"Okay.", I said and he came forward, hugging me.

Few minutes passed, and Madan cooked me Linguine and I was quite surprised about his cookig skills. He was improving for sure but I could never imagine it was improved because of the fact that he is the one who cooks most of the time. 

Wouldn't someone feel bad to cook for someone who means nothing to them? 

It tasted like heaven and I doubt if restaurants could cope up with his style.

Madan's pov :

The next day, she woke up earlier than me and was sipping her water. A habit of hers.. She used to tell that her grandfather used to tell that drinking water as soon as we wake up is good for health and she's following it for years now. She used to share everything to me when we were together- before I messed up.

"Want some coffee?", I asked and she shook her head while reading The Hindu newspaper. Wait, she doesn't usually read newspapers.

I realized she was doing it because of her fear. I got up from the bed and took the newspaper from her.

"C'mon, I won't let anything like that happen. You have to be rest assured because as long as I'm there, nothing like you fear will happen.", I said and she nodded slightly. Her eyes were red and I guessed that she hasn't slept well last night.

Night times are the worst. Those are times when human mind overthinks than anything else. Sometimes. the overthinking might give us clarity but sometimes it worsens our fear.

"C'mon, get ready to the office.", I said and went to my closet to choose my clothes. I personally think it's best for her to come to office because if she stays home, she might again overthink about the same thing. It's good if we have a change of mind- a distraction that keeps us away from all the things invading our minds.

I went to the office with her and I noticed a tremendous change in her mood because she interrogated with her colleagues and discussed business with us. She was getting better.

Few minutes later, I was looking through the files when the fire alarm started ringing in the fifth floor. The floor where Vidhya was working..

I left my seat and went outside to see a bustle of people running here and there even though the fire was not spreading in their floor but there was only smoke. There was only smoke.. It might also be some gas. But, how come a gas could spread in my office!

All the elevators were programmed to return to the ground floor to exit so I couldn't use it. I used stairs to return to the fifth floor from nineth floor.

The security guards blocked my way saying that everyone has left the floor to the main exit. I tried to call her to make sure she has left but she didn't pick up my call. I thought she left and was still in stress about what happens.