Chapter 41

Vidhya's pov :

Just when I was talking to Adhrit in video call, Madan's yelling interrupted me and I immediately hung up the call because I didn't want Adhrit to hear his nonsense.

He was just asking me about my birthday plans. He was much more excited of my birthday than me.

We started arguing yet again and that's when we heard a doorbell. I remember Madan saying that his mom was coming. I heaved a sigh and went towards the door to open it.

I opened the door revealing my mother-in-law with a happy expression with many shopping bags with her.

I smiled back and let her in. She hugged me and kissed me on my forehead which felt so motherly.

"How're you, mom?", I asked.

"I'm great after knowing Madan has you to take care of him. How're you guys doing?"

"Fine..", I finished in one word because I know I don't feel good about lying to her.

Once we got settled in the couch, mom started telling about what pandit said to her.

"I met the pandit yesterday and he said that you both should do some rituals to strengthen your relationship. He also said the first two years are very hard for you both.", She said.

I don't personally believe in horoscopes or pandits but it doesn't mean I could disrespect other's beliefs.

"Rituals? Mom, I have a lot of work and I don't think I have time for these. You can take Vidhya with you. She's free all the time.", Madan said uninterested.

Mom hit his shoulder in a way that it won't hurt.

"You don't take it casually. He also mentioned that Vidhya's life is at stake and this ritual is mandatory.", He said.

I strongly believe that if my life will be at stake, it will only be because Madan and no one else.

Madan scoffed.

"Mom, let me tell you the truth.. she has the ability to make others life to be at stake. She personally didn't have any problem and is completely fine. So you need not worry."

"Learn to respect your wife first of all. Don't be like your father.", She scolded him and he nodded like a good boy.

"Fine, when should I take her?"

"You should be in the temple next weekend. Also wear traditional wear and if I see you with anything other than that, I will not tolerate it.", She warned him and he nodded.

She handed me some shopping bag and I looked at it with a frown.

"I bought you many sarees and some kurta which I thought you'd like. Wear one of the sarees to the temple. Will you wear it for me?", She asked with a gentle smile.

"Sure mom. You have a great fashion sense.", I said looking at rhe beautiful kurtas.

"Mom, how's Sia?"

"She's fine. She's still mad at you. What's wrong with you guys?", She asked having no idea of what's happening.

"It's just some silly fights. Don't worry, we'll be fine soon.", He said and she nodded.

After talking for a few more minutes, mom left saying that Sia and uncle will not sleep or eat at time if she's not there.

I went back to my room after that and ordered myself a pizza for dinner because I don't feel like cooking those boring noodles and pasta.

I heard a loud thud which made me flinch. I turned back to see Madan and it didn't take him a moment to pin me on the wall.

"What the fuck!"