Chapter 26

Karthik's pov :

I got ready and went directly to the resort press meet. There are many rumors going on with that resort and we have to clear it all. Also we have to let them know about the opening date.

I climbed on my bike as Vidhya sat on the back seat.

"You might see Madan there but don't be disturbed because of that bastard. You know, he's crazy..", I said and she hummed.

I drove straight to the resort project spot and she was silent all the time. Once we reached, Nisha was already there with the team. 

Since it's an important project, Nisha had to show up. Vidhya went straight to Nisha and I joined with Madan who was waiting for me.

"Seems like it's going to rain today.. You're here early.", I mocked him which annoyed the shit out of him.

"Just stop with that and tell me why the fuck did you tell my dad that i didn't show up at yesterday's meeting?", he yelled angrily and I scoffed.

"Don't you think your father deserved to know about your shitty behaviour? There was an important meeting going on and you were drunk and doing shits with some random woman!", I yelled back.

"Me, being with other woman shouldn't concern you, shithead.."

"Just shut the fuck and atleast concentrate on the press meet, do you get it? I don't want any mistakes or it won't be nice.."

"I know, shut the fuck up.."

The press started to arrive and we were ready to give the details. I was getting the filed ready and was about to give it to Madan but he was missing all of sudden.

Vidhya's pov :

"Vidhya, here's the file. All information of the project is present in it..", Nisha said handing me the file and I nodded.

That's when she got a call and excused herself.

I sighed and looked into the file but stumbled backward and landed on Madan's arms. I was aware that he was doing it deliberately and I tried to get off him but his grip was tight.

The fact that all the media starting taking photographs made me scared but all of sudden I freezed as I felt his lips on mine.

He kissed me infront of everyone and I tried to push him but he was stronger than me.

After seconds of struggling, I pushed away him off me and was about to slap him as he caught my hand and pulled me into a hug saying, "I love you, babe..", as loud as he can.

They continued taking photographs as Madan was pulled away from me by Karthik and I was grateful for that.

Karthik was keeping his anger inside him just because there's press. His eyes were bloodshot red and the playful smirk in his face drove Karthik more crazy.

I was in the verge of crying when I heard a reporter's voice.

"Can you answer us, sir? Are you and the project manager in relationship with each other?"

"No, he-", before I could say something, Madan cut me off.

"We're not in relationship. We're in love.. She is my only love in my life, isn't it, Vidhya?", he mocked me, brushing his hand in my cheek and I felt disgusted as I pushed away his hand.

If I stay here for one more minute, I felt like I will cry. So, I paced away from there and spotted Nisha talking in her phone.

I hugged her from behind snaking my arms around her neck, crying on her shoulder. She cut the call immediately.