Chapter 7

Vidhya's pov :

The whole day, I spent time with useless him. I showed around the office and explained our achievements, and finally I explained him about the project I designed for his company.

Everyone in the conference room clapped hands which I was happy about. Everyone liked my design and appreciated me.

He dropped me home and left with his car. He didn't talk to me well after I didn't listen about his childhood which was obviously not better without his father.

I got fresh and wore my night dress and walked to the living room where I saw my cousins playing video game. I was waiting for my brother to come because I have to announce them about my promotion.

Probably at 8:00 p.m., he came home exhausted and plopped on the couch removing his shoe and socks.

"Karthik, you know what? I got promotion.. from next month, I'm going to get 35,000 rupees..", I said and he looked surprised so did everyone.

"Woww! Congrats!", Grandpa said and I nodded grinning.

"Woah. Awesome. I wish you to get more promotion like this..", Karthik said. Followed by him, everyone congratulated me expect Maya and my aunt.

After few minutes of chatting with my family, I went to the bed and went to a deep slumber. This day was really a tough day to me.

The next morning, I woke up with my phone buzzing and it was Nisha. I picked up her call where I heard her sniffle.

"What happened, Nisha?", I asked and she didn't reply but let out a loud sob where I frowned.

"What happened? Why are you crying?"

"D-Dad... H-He's dead..", she said and let out a sob again. I have no idea what should I react. The man whom I saw just yesterday was no more. I still can't believe her words.

"W-What?", I breathed out where she cried on the other side of phone.

"Where are you? I'll be there right away..", I said getting up from the bed.

"City H-Hospital.", She said inbetween her hiccups.

"I'll be there in 5.", I said and hung up the call. I got dressed and rushed to the hospital. I asked the receptionist about the room number and made my way towards the 10th floor.

I saw Nisha sitting on the chair and crying where her mother was broken. I paced towards her and she looked at me slowly. As soon as she saw me, she threw herself on me, crying in my shoulder.

"What happened?", I asked at her mother who was sniffing.

"He suddenly fainted in the living room and we took him to hospital. He was in CCU for the whole night. The doctors came out today morning only to inform he's dead because of heart attack..", she said and felt really bad.

On the other hand, Nisha was crying so badly in my shoulder. I rubbed her shoulder and hugged her back.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine..", I soothed her.

I made her sit and gave her water. She drank some and gave it back to me. One thing I was sure of was that she was exhausted of crying yet she can't stop crying.

My boss was really nice to every employees and treated them equally. He doesn't deserve to die so soon. I walked towards the balcony to get fresh breath for a minute.

I felt someone touch my shoulder and gasped when I saw Madan.

"Reduce your shock.. it's my business partner who died. Dad told me to go instead of him.", He said flatly.