Chapter 31

Vidhya's pov :

Madan dropped me back home and I was shocked to see that the gate was closed. I called every aunty but no one picked up my call.

I was standing in the middle of the road, still in my engagement dress at midnight. I even tried Karthik but he didn't pick up my call. With no other choice left, I called Maya.

She's definitely not gonna open the gate for what I did in the engagement hall.. but still I did because I can't stand here the whole night, can I?

She picked up my call surprisingly and I let out a sigh. She didn't let me talk and kept rambling through the phone.

"Bitch, what you said to me in the engagement? Madan is yours, huh? He's always mine. Stand outside the whole night or you won't learn your lesson!", she said and hung up.

So, it's all her plan..

I decided not to get tensed and called grandfather but he didn't pick up my call. He must've been slept because of his medicines..

I sighed and sat on the doorstep. I called Karthik again and again, but there was no sign of him, picking up. Finally he switched off the phone and I was heartbroken.

That's when Madan called me and I was in a doubt whether I should pick up or not.. I finally picked up the call, sighing. It's not like he'd leave me alone if I don't pick up his call..

"Hey Gorgeous, did I disturb your sleep?", he cooed and I know he was mocking me.

"No, I was fucking with some random men..", I replied back and I heard an angry sigh in response.

"Don't ever mention other men.. I'm really a possessive man and I don't share what's min e.", he said and I simply scoffed.

"So, what are you doing?", he asked casually.

"None of your business. Can you hung up?", I asked and he tsked.

"I'm not sleepy because I slept at noon."

"Not like I care..", I replied.

The dogs started barking and I was scared of stray dogs. It's midnight and I'm afraid they'd attack me thinking I'm some ghost..

"Do you have dogs in your home too. I thought your brother is the only one..", he said and anger rushed through me.

But, the fear was killing me too. There were nearly 10 dogs and they were barking at me at unison which scared the shit out of me. I let out a shaky breath as they approached towards me.

"Why are you silent? Do you agree that your brother is a dog?", he kept talking on the phone unaware of the situation of me.

They barked while one jumped on me to attack me but I pushed it and started screaming as the phone fell out of my hold.

Madan's pov :

I heard barking sounds and nothing else. The sudden scream of her made me choke on my own saliva and then the call got disconnected.

She doesn't have dogs on her home and it means she's stuck somewhere in the street and that too with some stray dogs. I got up from the couch immediately leaving out.

I started my car immediately and drove towards her home because it's just been 20 minutes since I dropped her home. Then, does the screaming mean that she got bit by dogs?

No, no, no!

I don't have an ounce of love for her but I don't know where the fear is coming from. If it was someone else, I still would've helped but I wouldn't be this scared.