Chapter 42

Vidhya's pov :

There were many people here yet my eyes were searching only for my brother. I wish I could see him and cry in his shoulder as before.

"You're looking so beautiful, dear.", Mom said and I smiled.

"Why is your brother not here yet?", She asked me.

"He won't, mom. Because he left his family in a fight and is living in an apartment now.", Sia said which absolutely shocked me.

"What? Is he fine now?", I asked.

"He is... Sometimes he is concerned about you and sometimes he seems like he's still mad at you. But he cares for you, Vidhya.", she said.

"Why is Karthik mad at you?", Mom asks unaware about what's happening but it's good she doesn't know. If she comes to know what her son had done, she can't take it.

"I-It's just a small fight so you need not worry. Oh, the pandit is here.", I said and she turned back and saw the pandit coming. She went towards him to talk about the rituals.

"What happened to your phone?", She asks.

"Me and Madan got into some arguement and he broke it in anger. I changed my number.", I said and I gave her my number.

"What about you guys? Is he still hurting you?"

"Sometimes.. I don't know what's wrong with him. He comes home drunk everyday and he blames me for something I never did. He's being a dick."

"Shall I ask mom to scold him? Cause, I decided not to talk to him anymore.", She said as her eyes held pain when she said those words.

"It's not needed. You don't have to bother her just because of me. She's already sick and getting better, I don't want to worry about us more. I'll take care. I just believe that, somehow in the end, I could just live my life according to the way I want. Let's see how this relationship ends.."

~★~

The day passed by just like that and we booked a room to stay. And the problem is that I stayed in the room same as his. But to my surprise, he didn't do anything bad last night which I was grateful of.

I wore a red saree which was also selected by mom and was getting ready for the ritual. I don't know what ritual I had to do but Madan seemed so uninterested in doing that.

We gathered in the centre of the temple and I could feel the heated gaze of Maya. I completely ignored her since yesterday cause I don't want to deal with some unworthy bitches.

Maya came towards me and stood beside me.

"Seems like you're enjoying with your husband but sadly it doesn't last longer because he desires for me. You know what he did last week when he was in the club? He asked me to accompany him for a night and I gladly did. We spent many nights together. I don't know if he spent the same amount of days with you.."

This is the reason he don't come home some days?

The anger I was feeling was boundless because he calls me with names when he isn't perfect. Also, the urge to slap Maya was overwhelming but my practical mind was saying that the fault was Madan's because I don't know how much other girls he have slept with in these days.

"Are you doing well with your relationship? If you do, why does he seek me when there's a beautiful wife for him?"

"I can answer this question but answering it will damage your image."

"Whatever you say, he's going to be mine in near future.", She said and looked like she's in a dreamy world.

You both deserve each other.