Chapter 54

Vidhya's pov :

Finally, we came home after being in the hospital and it felt like I could breathe normally again. I saw in the living room couch and turned on the TV and switched it to a song channel.

It feels like it's been decades since I sat here and listened to music.

"Shall I prepare some coffee?", Madan asked and I nodded.

He then went to the kitchen to prepare coffee and I sat there, listening to a romantic classical song. When I was locked in the restroom, I thought it was the end of me. I almost died when I closed my eyes, giving up to it.

My phone rang and it was none other than Nisha. I picked up the call and reached it to my ears.

"Hello.."

"Hey, how are you doing? I came to visit you twice but you were sleeping both times. So, I didn't disturb you."

"I'm fine now. Just have to continue my medication for a couple weeks."

"Oh okay, get well soon. Also, I have hosted a party next week because the company has reached new hights recently. I will visit you today evening and give you the invitation."

"Sure, you should've also invited many companies' CEO right?"

"Few of them."

"Bring two invitations. I will take Madan or Karthik along with me."

"Why? Come alone, we can have fun. We also have many friends here and we can have drinks too.", she said. The idea sounded fun but I was traumatized by the recent attacks that I'm unable to do it.

"Yeah, but you could see how I've been attacked in my own office. I couldn't risk it, Nisha.", I said, truthfully.

"I could understand. Fine then, bring Karthik not that Madan.", she said and I hummed. Our conversation ended and she hung up.

Madan brought coffee for both of us and it was in a mug that brought as a couple. It was the first time for us using it and it felt kind of awkward.

It had a print on the coffe mug. You belong with me. I belonged with you.

However, I sipped on the coffee and it tasted really good

"Who was on phone?"

"Nisha. She said she have some party next week and she wants me to come."

"What about me?"

"She asked me to bring Karthik."

"Ahh, I'm coming with you, that's it.", he said adamantly as he sat beside me.

"Fine, she would be mad but welcome you at the same time. You know, she respects guests so I think it wouldn't be a problem."

"Okay.", he replied and focused on the hot coffee and romantic song.