Chapter 56

Vidhya's pov :

As we came to the terrace, I had some weird sensation. We stood opposite to each other and their expression didn't look normal either..

"What do you think about us, Vidhya?", Nisha asked and she was a bit rude.

"Nothing.. Did you two get into some fights?"

"No, we just became friends because they say enemies to enemies are friends.", Adhrit said and I didn't get a good feeling about it. The whole thing felt uncomfortable and I want to go back and reunite with my family.

"Uhh, I think we should talk later. Karthik and Madan will be searching for me. I will go back for now and-", I was cut off by Nisha snatching away my phone.

"You cannot go back before listening to me. Did you wonder who was trying to kill and defame you all this time? It was me. It was none other than me!", Nisha said and my heart shook for a second. I don't know why does it hurt whenever people I love do this.. I'm supposed to be angry right?

Multiple tears fell from my eyes and I looked at her with hurtful expression. It means Adhrit is with them too right?

The people I thought who hate me was protecting me from the people I love. Adhrit and Nisha are people whom I admired since my childhood and I cannot believe they could go to the extend to kill me.

I was about to run away from the place when Adhrit caught my arm tightly and threw me on the floor. He stepped on my ankle making sure it hurts and I screamed but no people came to help me.

"You always were my biggest enemy before being my best friend. And now on, everything is going to be alright.", she said with cunning eyes.

"What have I ever done to you!?"

"You stole many things from me. Since childhood, my dad used to compare me with you. In discipline, studies, manners and what not? He asked me to learn from you and I felt what I had to learn from a poor low life like you. And then, I satisfied him by behaving good and polite like you and also became your bestfriend. You were the most popular girl and beautiful girl in college. Was I not beautiful enough for the attention. Also, my father gave you the promotion within a few months of joining whereas he kept complaining that I wasn't good enough for any job. Why do I have to get skill to take over the company? Is having money not enough? It pains me to see you're always good in everything and I was good for nothing.", she said.

I had no idea she was thinking about all this when she sweet talked with me as a good bestfriend.

"You are also in love with Madan right? That is the reason you created every chaos all of sudden. You also gave me the cheque of five lakhs to create misunderstanding between us and make him hate me torture me more."

"Yes, I loved that he made you feel like a dumb whore. I loved that he treated like a piece of shit and reminded you place.", she said and now, all I could see her in her face was the poisonous venum of a snake.

"You also killed your father so that you can take over the company effortlessly.", I said and she chuckled.

"Yes, but you can't blame me because he deserved it. He was going to write a will telling that all his properties will go to orphanages and oldage homes after his death. Can't he see he has a daughter and wants to enjoy the luxurious life? That old bastard!", she said angrily and then I looked at Adhrit with a cold face.

"You bastard! You're more cunning than a fox!", I spat as I understood the situation. He must have been helping her because of money and that incident years ago.

As their parents came to know that I was having a crush with him, they hit him and sent him to a hostel where they treated students very badly. However, it was my fault that his parents came to know about it but I couldn't believe he was here for revenge.