Chapter 21

Madan's pov :

It was evening and I was waiting for her outside her office. As expected, she came outside and directly entered inside my car.

I started the car where she sighed resting her head in the headrest.

"Tiring day?", I asked.

"An exhausting one..", she replied.

"Why are you actually going to an job. You should enjoy your life.", I suggested.

"I think it will only suit you and not me."

"Why do you think so?", I asked.

"You love clubbing and drinking. But I never loved those throughout my life. You're just addicted to those things and I'm not. That makes me different from your lifestyle.", I said.

"Oh.. I'll think about it more deeply when we get home."

"Well, what's your plan for birthday. Can I have 3 hours with you?", She asked.

"Okay, sure.", I put up a fake smile and replied.

"You haven't ever told me about your parents.. if you don't feel comfortable, it's fine..", I said

"Uhh, it's okay. I trust you.", She said with a smile.

"I was just 6 when I heard my mom and dad argue. It was not a normal one.. my dad was beating my mom, she was lying on the floor crying. My dad was drunk which made him behave more aggressive.."

"Your brother was present with you too?"

"Yeah, he was there with me. It was usual that my dad would fight with mom.. so, we didn't get involved in it. But it was our only mistake that caused us to loose our mom.", She said and hesitated to say further.

"If you don't feel comfortable sharing with me, it's completely fine.", I said.

"No, I'm fine..", she said and took a deep breath before continuing.

"His next action made us shocked. He took his wine bottle and hit my mom with it. She screamed and layed on the floor lifeless. We screamed, shouted but we couldn't do anything. That's when I had my first seizure.."

"You have seizure?", I asked.

"I had.. my dad was scared and ran away from the spot immediately. My brother called the ambulance and police by himself and took me and mom to hospital. But mom couldn't pull through.. they said she was spot dead when she was hit by the bottle."

"Your father ran away?"

"Yeah, he ran away from the police. Now, he's married to some lady and is settled with two babies. Seems that the lady he married was rich and protected him from the police cases."

"Tell me who it is. I will make sure your father will get enough punishment for the sins he did for you, your brother and your mom.", I said and she chuckled.

"You know what? We are really tired of trying. So, we gave up but I believe he will someday get the punishment he deserve. He will pay for what he did.", She said with hope.

"Do you know what were they fighting about?", I asked.

"My father suspected my mom of cheating. But she was innocent.", She said.

Seems like what Maya said about her family was true. Maybe, her mom was really cheating behind her dad's back.

Or, why he beats her up for no reason.

"Don't tell this to anyone. They'll judge me.", She said and I nodded while some evil plan came into my mind but I decided to consider it later.

We talked for sometimes which was really boring for me but I survived till I dropped her home.