Chapter 49

Madan's pov :

We reached home soon and I sighed in relief but remember we have to go once again to get the reports. Karthik was home too and I decided to order something from outside. Besides the fact that my ego doesn't allow me to cook, I was tired to cook, also I wouldn't let Vidhya to do it because she needs rest right now.

Karthik looked around the house.

"There's not a single thing in this house as per your likings.", Karthik said and Vidhya smiled a bit because of the fact that he started talking normally.

"Uh, yeah, he built it for himself even before our marriage. So-"

"So he doesn't have common sense to renovate it a bit and make it a marital home. It looks like a dungeon with it's dark theme. Anyone in this house would get depression.", he commented on my house.

"Don't you dare talk shit about my choices. Or, I'll talk about your small sparrow nest that you've rented.", I said and his face was a bit stoic.

"Okay, I'll make your favourite food.", Vidhya said and started going to the kitchen but I held her wrist.

"You don't cook when you're sick. We can order it online."

"No, Karthik often gets sick if he buys food from outside.", she said trying to get off my hold.

"No, then fine, I'll cook.", I said and I was able to see Karthik's smirk from my peripheral view.

"You have to understand one thing. Karthik is your brother not your guest so he can help me to cook.", I said and she gave me an unpleasant look.

"Fine, I'll help you.", Vidhya said and I shook my head.

"No worries, I'm capable of helping him in the kitchen. Afterall I have to improve my cooking skills so that my future partner doesn't have to worry over cooking.", he said getting up from the couch.

I gritted my teeth.

"We're going to make veg pulao. Come with me.", I said and he followed me to the kitchen. The living room was in a good view from the kitchen so that I could look if Vidhya's okay.

As we were cutting the vegetables, I saw her laying her head on the couch and taking some rest. I know she must be tired. It's good if she takes a nap before going to the hospital again today evening.

"So, you know how to cook?"

"Yeah, not like you."

He gave me a sarcastic mocking chuckle.

"Trust me, madan, I improved my cooking skills for someone."

"Can you shut up and not mention it again and again infront of me? You badly want to provoke me!"

"Oh yeah, that's right."

"Shut up."

His phone rang and he smiled seeing the caller ID. I silently prayed in mind that it shouldn't be Sia but guess what? It was Sia.

He picked up the call and reached it to his ears. I was annoyed as hell. How many time should I actually warn her about Karthik and she still chose to be with him.

"Nah, I've come to your brother's house and he wasn't ready to cook for me alone. So me and him are cooking together. I have to say your brother is a terrible cook. He is cutting vegetables without washing it. I just pity my sister."

"What's wrong with that? It's already fresh and it was in fridge, you idiot!", I said loudly and regretted it immediately. I don't really want to wake Vidhya up.