Chapter 36

Vidhya's pov :

I opened my eyes and realised I was in the bed. I was still feeling the symptoms of fever but I feel better than yesterday. The AC was in high temperature creating a warm surrounding in the room.

I looked at the clock which read 8:30 a.m. I laid back on the bed and pulled the duvet closer because I still feel tired and I have headache too.

First of all, how did I come to bed?

Could it be... I have been sleep walking!?

The door opened revealing Madan bringing a bowl of porridge. He placed it in the nearby table and went towards the cupboard and took some pills.

Is it for me?

Why is he doing all these when he was the one who caused the entire situation!

"Eat the porridge and have one tablet. Be on bed rest so that you'll feel better soon.", He said placing the tablet at the table.

"Also... I'm sorry.", He said and left immediately after apologising as if he couldn't see my face after the apology.

I looked at the rice porrige which was so hot. I placed it on the overbed table and started to have it slowly.

I didn't go to office for two weeks now and I have no idea how will Nisha react if I go back. But I have to make her understand that I was forced to this marriage because of my situation. Fear was gripping me that she wouldn't talk to me forever.

I decided to go to office tomorrow and sort this problem.

It took me 30 minutes to finish the bowl because the food was steaming hot. I had the tablet Madan gave me and gulped some water along with it.

I laid back on the bed because I was still feeling the exhaustion. I wish I get well soon..

I soon fell into sleep. I sleep a lot when I'm sick because it helps me to overcome my tired body for a few hours.

~★~

The day passed by just like that.. resting and eating. I didn't even touch my phone for once because I was tired to. Madan slept on the couch for one day and I was grateful because I wanted to feel comfortable in bed when I'm sick.

The next day, I got up very well and I didn't feel any tiredness anymore. I went to the restroom and changed into my office outfit. I wanted to see Nisha and explain her everything.

Madan had already left to the office and I am grateful that I don't have to see his face today.

As soon as I enter the office, everyone were throwing congratulations at me but they are not aware of the situation. I smiled in return as a formality and went towards Nisha's cabin only to be stopped by her personal assistant.

"I want to see her..", I said and she hesitated to say something to me.

"Uhh, ma'am said to give this to you when you come back office.", She said handing me some papers. It was my dismissing letter making me shocked.

"Why she have to be so angry! I will talk to her..", I said.

"Please, Vidhya. Ma'am will get angry at me if I do.", She said and I could completely understand her situation.

Just when I was about to leave, she grabbed my hand.

"After the office, she's going to a party. Maybe, you could talk to her there.", She said.

She gave me her invitation for the party for me. I thanked her and left the office.

I exitted the office and went back to my home disappointed but I was having a small hope that I could talk to her back in the party.