Chapter 23

Vidhya's pov :

I was walking aimlessly through the heavily trafficked road. I was crying very hard and my heart felt so heavy.

Everyone was looking at me weirdly since I was crying but I didn't care. All I cared right now was me.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I feel so much pain even though I know he's not worth my tears.

I didn't care where I was going but if it takes me to cry the entire night so that I can feel better, I'm ready for it. I badly want to wipe this pain away from me.

I was walking, walking and just walking while crying. Just then, I found myself infront of a dark alley. I didn't know the way back and it didn't scare me.

I sat right there and continued to cry. I feel dizziness take over me and I was still crying.

Time passed by and I had no energy left inside me but the crying didn't stop and it didn't seem to stop.

My phone rang and it was my brother. I didn't pick up. What am I going to say him? Should I say him he used me and threw me like a dust?

Even if I didn't say him, he'd easily find it out through my voice because I was very well aware that my voice would've become hoarse from all the crying.

I know he's worried about and I don't want to worry him more saying him about my pathetic condition.

I just hate myself right now for throwing myself on him just because of my shitty love.

There was continuous calls coming from my phone which I can't focus on. I feel like passing out but I cannot.

I sat there few minutes more, crying over again and again and that's when I felt someone's presence beside me and I literally jumped a bit.

The man held my wrist and prevented me from standing up.

"It's me, Vidhya.", He said and I immediately recognised the voice.

"Karthik!", I said throwing myself on his arms crying even more harder.

"What happened? You won't tell to your brother?", He said and I badly want to but I don't know how to start.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me now. Calm down, that's what I want right now.", He said and I hiccuped as he wiped my tears.

"H-He used m-me.", I stammered with hiccups.

"Who? Wait- just calm down. Let's talk about it later. Can we go home and talk? I won't pressure you.", He said and I nodded.

He picked up my purse and mobile phone from the floor and held my hands walking towards the place where he parked his bike.

I got in his bike as he started driving. I rested my head on his shoulder because I was tired from all the crying and I still had the urge to cry.

We reached home in about half an hour. I never knew I came this far from my home because the party was just 5 minutes away from my home by walking.

He wiped my tears.

"Vidhya, please don't cry infront of them. We can talk and sort it out by ourselves if we can.", He said and I nodded trying to control my hiccups.

We went to my room immediately as there was no one in the hall. He locked the door behind as I sat in the bed and that's when I saw the clock.

It's 2 a.m.!

"What happened? Why were you crying in a dark alley?", He questioned me while handing me a glass of water.

I took a sip of water and decided to tell everything that happened. I have belief that my brother won't judge me.