Chapter 57

Karthik's pov :

I cannot believe this. I simply can't. The present situation was already very challenging to bear and now, it was confirmed that she did it because of Madan. I took my phone and opened it but there was no message from her. If she wrote a message for me and Nisha, why did she send it only to Nisha?

I shook those thoughts out of me and decided to focus on her for now because her life was more important than anything else right now.

Everyone came to hospital within seconds and Aunty was literally broken to hear about everything. She can't believe they were not so happy with each other. She blamed herself for not knowing what issue was going on between them.

And, I blamed myself that I never understood her properly. I thought she did love him afterall. Or, she need not bear everything that happened. If she told me she hated living with him, I would've decided to proceed with the divorce.

Her childhood friend, Adhrit came and waited for the doctor too. He was looking down the whole time and I was aware that he was the childhood crush of Vidhya. Maybe, if she didn't marry Madan, she would've been happy with him. It was my fault that I didn't stop the wedding despite everyone's wish.

The doctor came out within a few minutes and we all were praying that she should be fine.

"Her condition is not very good. We have to stabilize her condition first before performing the surgery. Let's wait and see.. for now, she is under ventilator for oxygen support.", he informed. It would've been good if he said my sister's condition is stable right now.

Sia held my hand.

"She will be fine soon. Don't lose your faith. Also, that guy.. I don't think he gives positive vibes.", she said in husky voice, her eyes pointing at that Adhrit guy.

"He's her friend."

"He— leave it.", she let it go and we waited in the hospital room. Everyone had several thoughts about this but the silence spoke loud.

"I have to go to the police station now because the incident occurred in my party and they're calling me to give statement.", Nisha said and left within few minutes.

"Regarding to that fight with Madan, they want me to give statement too. I will come back after few minutes. Take care..", Adhrit said patting my shoulder and left.

I got a message from the police station for statement but I ignored it. I don't want to leave my sister behind and go to the station.

"Karthik, I'll keep eyes on her till you come back. You can be rest assured.", Sia said and I looked at her.

"Sia, it's not that.. If— I mean I'm scared something will happen to her if I go.", I told her how I was feeling right now. My heart was not at ease and the fear was eating me up.

"Do not worry. I believe that she'll be fine. She have a long life ahead and she won't leave us. As for now, you have to go to the station and give statement. Tomorrow, her condition might stabilize and we would have to proceed her surgery so you won't get time to go to the station.", she consoled me and I felt a bit of comfort.

I got up and went to the station as soon as possible because I was in a hurry to return back to the hospital.

As soon as I entered the police station, my gaze fell on Madan who was sitting in a bench, with tears in his eyes. I went towards him and he looked at me.

"Is she okay?", he asked, guilt evident in his eyes.

"I thought you were happy to know it happened to her. You haven't changed, Madan. You were trying to snatch everything from her by holding her onto yourself.", I accused him and he sobbed out.