Chapter 43

Madan's pov :

I came downstairs within half an hour and it took her a few more minutes to reach there. I'm sure she had been stepping down like a tortoise to just irritate me.

I held her arm in a tight grip, angrily.

"Why the fuck you took so long?", I asked and she did nothing but stare me weirdly.

Getting no answer, we walked towards our family and finally one ritual was over.

I was more mad when I came to know there are three more rituals.

~★~

Finishing all the rituals, finally we were going back home and it was raining so hard. She was just looking out of the window as I kept driving.

Since I had to take a forest route to reach the temple, I was trying to get a clear view of road due to fog and rain. Somehow it was natural and peaceful but I had to go back home before morning cause I have an important meeting tomorrow.

The car came to halt all of sudden and I was trying to start it again but it wasn't.. I was feeling more mad after that.

I got out of the car in rain and saw smoke coming out of it. I groaned loudly because there wasn't any mechanic here and it wasn't possible that they can come here in the rain.

I got back inside the car drenched and took my phone to call some of my men to bring another car. But there was no signal in here which wasn't expected by me. How can I expect signal in the middle of the forest?

"What happened?", She asked.

"Check if your phone has signal..", I said and she checked her phone and shook her head.

I threw my head back and placed my fingers in the bridge of my nose thinking what I have to do next.

But I don't think I can do anything right now and the only way is to wait for any vehicle to pass by and seek help from them.

"Do you feel cold?", She asking looking at my drenched outfit.

"Do you?", I asked.

"Yes but not as much as you..", she said and turned off the AC.

"How long we have to stay in the car?"

"Until we seek help from the passerby.", I said and she sighed in irritation.

"It's the middle of the night and I don't see any reasons for people coming this way at midnight.."

She was right but what else can we do right now. There was no signal, so it was not possible to contact someone and also, the town is far away from here and it's impossible to walk from here towards the town in this heavy rain so staying in this car is the best option.

She took her shawl from the bag which was in back seat and covered herself with it to prevent cold. But here I was, feeling like I will freeze in a few minutes.

As soon as she noticed that I was looking at her, she took another shawl from her back turning back to the back seat. She handed it to me without looking at me and I didn't object.

I removed my shirt because it was all drenched. I regret getting down the car knowing that I'll be drenched. I thought there was some minor problems with the car but I never knew it was something so big that smoke will be coming out of it.

I covered myself with her shawl and I was feeling a little warm than before which I was grateful. There was heavy rain with thunders outside and I noticed from the corner of my eyes that she was flinching with each thunderbolt.