Chapter 18

Vidhya's pov :

The clock stuck at 12 no sooner, the driver came to pick up madan who was sober.

Even though he was highly drunk, he waved a good-bye which I found a bit cute. I waved back and got up to leave the party. After talking to Maddy for few minutes, I left the party.

I reached home in few minutes and I saw Karthik waiting for me.

"How was your friend's party?"

"It was good. She was so happy, you know?"

"That's good. Have you eaten your dinner?", He asked and I shook my head slowly.

"Then let's go to the nearby restaurant for dinner, can we?", He asked and I nodded eagerly.

"You remember when we were young, you used to bring me to Street food shops and buy me unhealthy foods and then grandpa would scold you.."

"Yeah, I think I was in 8th grade at the time.", He said and I nodded.

"Come on, let's go.", He said and I got up.

He took me to a cozy restaurant and I had my dinner peacefully along with my brother.

Then, we returned back home and after having a shower, I slept peacefully.

~★~

I woke up and as usual, there was good morning message from Madan. I smiled and opened my Whatsapp.

----------★᭄ꦿ᭄ꦿ----------
Madan
Shall I pick you up for the date?

----------★᭄ꦿ᭄ꦿ----------

I smiled and replied with an yes. And immediately, I started getting ready. I have no idea why I'm so much excited about this.

After freshing up, I wore a red kurti along with red shawl.

I personally think red suits me

I personally think red suits me. Moreover, red is my most favourite colour. After getting ready, I wore a silver wrist watch and my mom's necklace.

Wearing this chain, I feel like my mom's with me. No one know how much I miss my mom. But, after Madan gifted me this chain, I no longer feel bad about it.

I smiled and walked outside with my purse in my hands.

I walked towards the nearby bus stop because I don't want anyone to see I'm going out with Madan. It would break out into a disaster.

I waited for a minute no sooner than a car approached me. Madan opened the window and showed me his face and then I got into the car.

He was looking at me without blinking for a minute.