Chapter 01

| Welcome to the Butterfly Mansion |

Checking thrice to ensure that everything for the long journey ahead of you was packed and readied, you headed for the estate that is on top of a cliff. The path to the estate was a climb that most would struggle with, if not accustomed. Reaching to the top, you kept walking until you faced an entrance. *knock, knock* The doors opens a moment later, revealing a girl with black hair accompanied by a blue butterfly on top of her head, the deep ocean swimming in her eyes.

She bows at the sight of you. She had not expected you to stop by. "Good morning, Fuji-Sama." She stands back upright, staring straight into your eyes. One of the many qualities of the girl before you that made you respect her: she was outspoken and confident in with whatever she says. Something that you wanted about for yourself. "What brings you here, Fuji-Sama? Do you need a checkup? Are you feeling unwell?"

You shake your head, easing the motherly worry that she emitted. "Kochou-Sama."

"Ah you're looking for Kochou-Sama. Come inside. I'll guide you over to her now," she says as she steps aside, letting you pass. You followed behind her as she led you further into the estate. Looking around, butterflies of all colors flew around the vicinity, making you unconsciously stop and gaze at the insects. You outstretched your hand, extending your finger out. To your surprise, a white butterfly landed onto your finger. A calming feeling settled within you, before snapping out of the sudden trance, realizing that you were wasting someone's time. You turned your head, only to see the girl standing afar, looking at you with an amused smile. You felt heat rush to your ears, growing warm. You moved your hand away, the butterfly flying away in the process. You continued walking after her. Entering inside of the mansion, through twists and turns, you and her stopped at a door. *knock, knock* "Pardon the interruption, Kochou-Sama. Fuji-Sama is here to see you."

"The door is open," says the voice from within, a sound with an uncomfortable gentleness. The tone in their voice was real yet fake at the same time.

The girl bows before excusing herself. "Thank you," you say in a soft whisper. You knew she didn't heard you, given to how soft spoken you are, but you expressed your gratitude anyways.

You slid the door opened, revealing a woman with a butterfly clip on her hair, her butterfly like haori draping over her shoulders. She turns around, a smile plastered on her face. Your hand gripped at the end of your haori. "Ara, ara. Good morning, Fuji-San. What brings you in here today?"

"Oyakata-Sama."

"Hm? Oh yes, you mean the document." She reaches inside of the drawer, taking out said document. Handing you the paper, you were also given a satchel. "Some bandages, salves, and healing ointment for your mission. It isn't much, but this is enough to last you for a while."

You nod. "Thank you very kindly."

You headed back to your own estate as Kochou Shinobu waves you goodbye. A gentle, motherly smile graces her lips as she looks to where you once stood moments ago, before getting back into medicine making.

 A gentle, motherly smile graces her lips as she looks to where you once stood moments ago, before getting back into medicine making