Chapter 038

| Welcome to the End of the Fuji Clan pt2 |

"Is this the person from the esteemed Fuji clan to have helped in suppressing my master? What farce." Your body shook with fear, hesitation and exhaustion; But most importantly, with anger and resentment. "I see nothing but a weak human, pretending to be someone they're not."

"What.. What did you do to her? To my sister?" You ask as you shakily get up from the pile of rumble. You mentally cursed at yourself for your less-than-smooth landing, your shoulders tingled at the burning sensation.

"Haven't I already told you? My word, you're dense, brainless and have poor hearing."

"Symphonic-Fuji no Kokyū, Ju no Kata: Ibara Fuji."
(Symphonic-Wisteria Breathing, Tenth Form: Thorny Wisteria)

You leapt forwards, now in front of her, you moved downwards and thrust your scythes towards her neck and attempted to prick it; but she ducks down and punches you in the stomach, the impact pushing you back. 'Another hit in the stomach and my ribs will be fractured,' you think to yourself as you grit your teeth.

"You really think that'll work against me?"

You swung your scythes at her, barely grazing her. "What did you do to my sister?!"

She leaps back, bringing the mirror to her chest. She mockingly smiles, saying, "Since you're so adamant, why don't I show it to you? So that that'll shut your trap!"

"Blood Demon Art: Alluding Fantasy."

Your surroundings changes from the dimly lit forest to your sister's dark bedchamber. You had never once been in her room, even though your rooms were connected to each other's. Inside was a wreck: shards of broken glass and vases were scattered about, shredded papers and clothings everywhere, and you could see old and new blood stains splattered anywhere you looked.

You see her clutching her head in pain. "Get... out of my head!" You heard no response but you knew that your sister had, as she grabs a fistful of her hair, saying, "I was weak enough to let you have your way with my people and my grandmother, but you are wrong to believe I shall let Y/N have the same fate as theirs!"

"You had a hand in my grandmother's health?!" You asked, turning your head to her.

Where were you when this transpired? You wished to find out, but your legs were kept in place. "You can pick at my soul, whatever, but you will not overtake my body!" You turned back towards your sister, seeing her bang her head against the wall repeatedly. You tried to move once again, but your attempt was unsuccessful. She stops. Lifting her head up from the dent that she made into the wall, she says, "What an irritating thing."

The scenery changes again, you were now back at the forest. You swung your scythes once again, but the demoness easily evaded the expected attack.

"I've some knowledge as to why my master fears the Fuji clan, but the Arts of Purification was an unexpected find." You narrowed your brows. 'Whatever does she mean?' You think to yourself. Upon noticing your confusion, she smirks, saying, "Taking into account that you've not a clue, my master needn't worry; after all, the last known person to perform the arts is already deceased."

You swung your scythes at her, but she lazily catches it.

*caw, caw* "Hashibara Inousuke and Tsuyuri Kanao are now engaged in a battle with Uppermoon Two! Agatsuma Zenistu has successfully defeated Uppermoon Six! Kanroji Mitsuri and Igurou Obanai are now engaged in a battle with the biwa woman! Tokito Muichirou and Shinazugawa Genya are now engaged in a battle with Uppermoon One! I repeat, Hashibara Inousuke and Tsuyuri Kanao are now engaged in a battle with Uppermoon Two! Agatsuma Zenistu has successfully defeated Uppermoon Six! Kanroji Mitsuri and Igurou Obanai are now engaged in a battle with biwa woman! Tokito Muichirou and Shinazugawa Genya are now engaged in a battle with Uppermoon One!" *caw*

"As I said, his pride and arrogance was his downfall. Pity."

"Symphonic-Fuji no Kokyū, San no Kata: Fuji Z Kauntā."
(Symphonic-Wisteria Breathing, Third Form: Wisteria Z Counter)

You zigzagged your scythes up and down, trying to at least graze the demon, but to no avail; she evades every strike, moving backwards.

"Hmm... I'm stuck at a predicament," she says as she stops your blade. "I could easily eat your soul here and now, and my master needn't worry about your tedious clan-." You uncombined your scythes and swung your other scythe towards her, but she stops that as well. "Or.. I could turn you into a demon," she says as she looks to you, square in the eyes; "Yeah. Yeah I think I like the sound of that more, surprisingly."

You grit your teeth, seething with rage. "I would rather die than to become a monster like you!"

She kicks you back, forcefully taking away your scythes from your grasp, and threw it someplace else. "Die then, filthy Slayer!"

You hurriedly ducked upon seeing the demon coming towards you, her fist missing your head. You punched her stomach, then tackled her to the ground; or at least, that was your plan, until she elbowed you to the ground instead. You grabbed her leg and pulled her down, then rolled forwards and knocked her with your legs. Using this opening, you ran to your purple scythe.

"Oblivion-Fuji no Kokyū, Kyu no Kata: Airisusutōmu o Fuku."
(Oblivion-Wisteria Breathing, Ninth Form: Blowing Iris Storm)

Wisteria petals quickly surrounds the both of you, densely packing the storm. You ran up and slashed her twice before she kicks you back. You clicked your tongue, frustrated that you could only land two strikes. This demon was giving you a run for your money, no doubt. You hardly ever remembered any demon giving you a hard time. You placed a hand to your chest, a smile creeping its way onto your face. You were feeling... excited?

"Is now really a time for you to have your head stuck in the clouds?"

You quickly blocked her from clawing out your face. "Not quite," you say. "I was merely applauding you for allowing me to push myself past my limits."

"What-?"

You kicked her in the stomach, then swung your scythe so that she skids back just a bit far; leaving you enough time for you to grab your yellow scythe. You combined both scythes together and ran towards her.

"Symphonic-Fuji no Kokyū, Kyu no Kata: Airisusutōmu o Fuku."
(Symphonic-Wisteria Breathing, Ninth Form: Blowing Iris Storm)

"That won't work on me again-!" She was blinded for only a moment it felt like, but her body jerks back thrice upon the impact of your attack. Earlier, your poisons were not affecting her much, but now suddenly she felt the poisons circulating through her more. "What-What did you do to me?!"

"Putting you in your place was what I did," you said. "And I plan to do as many times as I need to."

"Blood Demon Art: Glowing Fragments."

Extending her arm out, shards of glass appeared from her claws and started flying towards you.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.