Chapter 035

| Welcome to the Hashira Training |

A memory from the past recalls in your mind, concerning of your strength. After many training sessions, no matter what methods were used, your arms could not wield Nichirin katanas. It was strange: you can use normal katanas perfectly, but Nichirin katanas were difficult to use. Kochou Kanae, your mentor, hypothesized that the components within the Scarlet ores mixing with the steel was much too heavy for you. You look to your arms and hands. The standstill between humans and demons have begun to become a growing concern, whether any of you wanted to admit it or not. It was unsettling. You shake your head, getting up with a letter in hand; your decision clearly made.

*

§ Hashira Training Regimen §
• Uzui Tengen, Sound Hashira (ex)
- Basic Endurance

• Kanroji Mitsuri, Love Hashira
- Flexibility

• Tokito Muichirou, Mist Hashira
- Mobility

• Iguro Obanai, Serpent Hashira
- Swords Skill (revision)

• Shinazugawa Sanemi, Wind Hashira
- Training

• Himejima Gyoumei, Stone Hashira
- Muscle Building

• Kochou Shinobu, Insect Hashira
- Medical Practices

• Tomioka Giyuu, Water Hashira
- Meditation

• Fuji Y/N, Wisteria Hashira
- Reflexes

*

[ Basic Endurance ]
"Eh? Fuji-San?" You turned around and saw Kamado Tanjirou amongst the flock of Slayers. "What are you doing here? A-Ah! I didn't mean it in a rude way or anything!"

"... Training."

He looks at your waist, surprised to see a katana there. There were rumors about how you wielded scythes because of your inability to wield katanas. "What's with the katana? Don't you specialize in scythes, Fuji-San?"

"We must be ready to adapt."

"A-Ah, I see."

"Alright, you pieces of trashes!" You turned to your ex comrade; his left eye was gone and now replaced with a bedazzled eyepatch, and his arm draped inside his yukata, his other sleeve missing his other arm. You grimaced at the sight, biting down the feeling of guilt and helplessness. Kamado Tanjirou looks to you, smelling the shift in your emotions. He was about to say something to you, but Uzui Tengen beats him to it, saying, "Oi, Fuji! I can hear you from here. That's not very flamboyant of you." You blink out of your thoughts and had become startled by his closeness. "Stop worrying about useless things like that."

"Y-Yes sir."

He ruffles your hair before taking away your scythes. "These will be a hinderance, I'm confiscating these until your session." You nod. "Here's what you need to know," says Uzui Tengen aloud; "I am god, you all are trash! Except for Fuji, they're alright. Drill that into your heads! For the next couple of days, starting from today, you all will be trained by us Hashiras. Don't expect this to be a walk in the park, otherwise, y'all can say goodbye!" He points to the barrels. "See those there? Pick three up over your shoulders, and run up and down those hills back there until I say stop. I wanna hear those stiff bodies of yours popping!"

"What?!"

He looks to you and says, "You focus on just running with that katana until it matches the speed you're at now with your scythes."