Side Story 06

| Welcome to the New Hashiras |

There were two replacements for the deceased Flower Hashira, Kochou Kanae. Her (biological) sister, Kochou Shinobu, was one of them, as the new Insect Hashira. And her Tsuguko, Fuji Y/N, was the other replacement, as the new Wisteria Hashira. The Butterfly Mansion was quiet, dead, as grief and anger swallowed the place whole. Grief over the loss of a Hashira, a sister and a teacher. And anger of the one who had taken the life of the deceased girl, anger due to the incompetence of one's self.

"Please welcome the two kindly and warmly," says Ubuyashiki Kagaya, before returning to his bedchamber with the help of his two daughters.

You had felt it as soon as you and Kochou Shinobu came onto the scene. From this moment onwards, you both are now being tested based on your superiors' (now fellow colleagues) baseless and limited knowledge of either of you. You gripped the ends of your haori in nervousness at the thought of it. It made you wanted to throw up. The feeling of being intensely watched, it reminded you of whenever you were with your sister.

"Fuji-Shonen!" You jolted upright in surprise, only to see bright orange eyes, with blazing fiery hair. You stepped back in shock, feeling a hand bracing your back. "How would you like to come along with me to indulge in some food?!" You blinked. Ha? "I did invited Shinobu-San but she's been called away for an errand!" You look to the girl besides you, her eyes closed and her tight lipped smile. Ever since your teacher had passed, you found it harder and unnerving to look at Kochou Shinobu. 'Just like sister,' you grimaced, thinking to yourself. "So, what say you?!"

"... I would be honored."

"Great!" Rengouku Kyoujurou grabs your hand and dragged you out, exclaiming, "Let's find ourselves the perfect place to feast!"

"Have fun you two~! And be safe!"