Chapter 041

| Welcome to the End of the Fuji Clan pt5 |

Your movements were slow, gentle. Yet refined and elegantly precise. The ringing in your ears was overwhelming, perhaps intended because of the Demon Art; Your ears bled and hurt, but you paid no mind, keeping your calm and relaxed composure. Bringing your hands up to the skies, as though you had asked for an offering from up above, you closed your eyes and let your everything fall: your guard, your scythes, your will to continue on, your fighting spirit; everything. You felt the heavy air pressure before, but now, you feel it tenfold; blood dripping from your mouth. She could have stopped this from happening, she should have, but something held her back; what that something was, was not on her priority.

With your hands still in the air, you curtsied, then effortlessly slid to the right, making your body fell loose; Twirling in place, you extend your right leg and arm out. You repeated these movements thrice: on the left, in front and from behind. You knelt down and picked up your scythes, holding them ever so lightly. You then moved to do the same movements once more, each direction a bit faster than the other. Your surroundings was out of place, you could not tell where you were or who was with you, but you knew enough to know that both you and the demoness were the only ones around.

"This time," you say quietly. "It-It really is goodbye,
O/S/N."

Your body felt lighter, yet strong and agile. Unbeknownst to you, your Demon Slayer Mark had appeared on your neck. There were purple flowers and black lines decorating you, enhancing your physical prowess. Those eyes, that annoying look in your eyes was the bane of her existence. Since she entered this body, not a day went by where she felt a gnawing feeling at the back of her throat, clawing for her to feel and be ashamed. She oh so wanted to despise you, to humiliate you, to show you that your god had abandoned you.

She was supposed to kill you that day, and bring glory to her master, but she hesitated. Each bypassing day, she thought the same: 'I will kill them tomorrow.' And yet, nothing had happened. Days turned into weeks, and before she knew, it turned into years. She assumed surely that her failure was due to the soul within the body, but once she weeded out the problem, that hesitation was still there. Just what was going on?

They are my precious sibling, and that will never change.

Her body could not move as she sees you waltz smoothly towards her.

Their struggles and accomplishments are mines to bare, just as mines are theirs to hold.

You swing your scythes to her neck. She felt the coldness from the blades makes contact to her.

No matter what form I take, my love for them shall remain the same.

She could see you at different stages of your life: from an infant, to a toddler, a kid and the teenager that you are now. The flashing images brought tears to her eyes.

I wished...

She smiled bittersweetly, yet her eyes held confusion and malice. "... I cherished you-."

... a little longer.

The head of your sister was cut off from her body. At last, the hand mirror broke into hundreds of thousands of shards, glittering beautifully menacingly underneath the moonlit sky. You grit your teeth, trying to silence your cries. Your sister's body slowly began to dissipate. You looked at it, feeling dazed and out of place. You felt empty, knowing that you could not hold a proper funeral for your sister (and for that bastardly demoness, unfortunately). You could feel yourself slipping. Reaching out for her hand, you were surprised to see that her arm was stretched out towards you too. Both of your hands grasps each other for a moment, feeling the warmth of one another one last time before she disappeared out of existence completely. Your eyes burned as tears kept flowing from deep within your heart. The feeling of strength in your legs was gone, as you fell to your knees on the ground hard. You leaned over, your hand gripping the bloodied and battered kimono. Your cries of sorrow and pain and longing fell upon death's ears. Never in your lifetime had you felt such agonizing and unbearable emotions. Your breath hitches to a stop as your ear twitches at the sound of rumbling.

"KIBUTSUJI MUZAN! YOU HAVE MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFE, AND THAT'S TAKING TAMAYO-SAMA AWAY FROM ME! YOU WILL TURN INTO ASHES WHEN THE SUN STARTS TO RISE!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hawks saw your battle from afar, alongside the reporters who were broadcasting the entirety to everyone. He was about ready to swoop in and whisk you away, for those awful memories to be buried deep and get you all patched up.

"KIBUTSUJI MUZAN! YOU HAVE MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFE, AND THAT'S TAKING TAMAYO-SAMA AWAY FROM ME! YOU WILL TURN INTO ASHES WHEN THE SUN STARTS TO RISE!"

He and everyone else saw everything rumbled, crumbling around you; an old fashioned castle came crashing down from the skies out of nowhere, then bunches of people came falling too-and you were underneath at the center of it all, still at a blank daze.