Chapter 028

| Welcome to the Wondering |

"Todoroki Shoto, Iida Tenya and Midoriya Izuku," you say, acknowledging them, as your classmates sat down in front of you. Days after the boy's scolding from the Chief of the Police Force, Tsuragamae Kenji, and the much needed recuperation, you four were back in school along with your other classmates. You sent each a letter in their respective mailboxes at their homes, addressing their concerns and questions in regarding what happened during Hosu City. "Thank you very kindly for coming on such a short notice."

"Not at all, Fuji-San!" Says Iida Tenya.

"How are you feeling, Fuji-San?" Asks Midoriya Izuku.

"As alright as I can be, thank you very kindly for asking," you answered curtly; "How are you feeling? That goes for you two as well."

"I'm okay!"

"I'm quite well! Thanks for asking!"

"I'm well, thanks."

You nod. "As per to your request, late as it may be, you three wish to be provided context, correct?" They nod. "I cannot say much, but I can just enough. As the saying goes, "Knowing will bring more harm than good"."

"That's fine," says Midoriya Izuku. "We'll take what we can get."

"I request that you must not speak wind of what I say," you warned.

They nod.

"I'd like to ask," says Iida Tenya. You look to him. "Why did you agreed with Stain even though he's a villain?"

"I also found that strange too," says Midoriya Izuku.

"Reality is never just black and white," you say; "There are gray areas, and the ones that believes money and fame taints the mind of the strong and weak, the Hero Killer: Stain is one of the few who stands in between. I do not agree nor disagree with how he manages, my opinion shall stay as: 'Chaos is inevitable for change'."

Iida Tenya fell silent, but you knew that in his eyes, you were casted in a bad light; not that you minded nor cared.

"Did you killed that person?" Asks Todoroki Shoto.

"No, I did not. I merely rid of an empty shell. That was no person, at least, not anymore; that was a man-eating demon. Yes, demons are, in fact, real; and no, it is not a part of someone's Quirk. I do not know the logistics of how someone can be turned into a demon, something that I wish to be oblivious to; do forgive me for not knowing enough."

"I've been meaning to ask for a while," says Midoriya Izuku; "If you don't have a Quirk, then how did you do what you did?"

"What I used is a technique. A Breathing Technique, or Style to be more precise. When a Demon Slayer utilizes Total Concentration Breathing, it increases their physical and mental capabilities to the maximum by inhaling the most amount of oxygen possible, whilst using a specific breathing pattern. There are many Breathing Styles, all each unique and difficult."

"There's more of you, isn't there? Like that person whom you competed against during the Sports Festival, right?" Asks Iida Tenya.

"Yes, there are. We are an organization that has existed since ancient times, dedicating our existence to protecting humanity from demons. We number around in the hundreds. It is unrecognized by the government."

"Then there's ranks, right?" Asks Todoroki Shoto.

"Yes. The ranks goes as the following, from the bottom to the top: Mizunoto, Mizunoe, Kanoto, Kanoe, Tsuchinoto, Tsuchinoe, Hinoto, Hinoe, Kinoto, Kinoe and Hashira. When you join the organization, everyone, just as myself, starts as a Mizunoto. The more you kill demons, the higher up you climb through the ranks. To become eligible to be a Hashira, you must successfully either kill 50 demons or one of the Twelve Kizuki. A Hashira is the strongest Slayer we have within the organization."

"What're the Twelve Kizuki?" Asks Midoriya Izuku.

"No comment."

"Do we need to worry about these demons? Where can we find them?" Asks Iida Tenya.

"You need not worry for I have the infestation under control. Your Quirks cannot affect demons, only with a Breathing Style and a Nichirin blade can you deal damage to them. That is why I am here."

"Is that why you carry those scythes with you everywhere?" Asks Todoroki Shoto.

You nod.

"What do you mean by saying you have everything under control?" Asks Iida Tenya.

"No comment. I will say, however, they only appear at night, but I cannot indulge any further."

"Who was that person that talked to you?" Asks Midoriya Izuku.

Your eyes narrowed and your brows knitted together. "No comment."

"Uhh.. let's try a different approach. Are you a Hashira, like what that person said? Is it somehow linked to your hero name?"

You bowed your head slightly, saying, "Allow me to reintroduce myself: I am the Wisteria Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corporations', Fuji Y/N. I have been sent here for a mission after receiving an urgent request from Principal Nezu in regarding the rising cases of the works of demons. My deepest apologies for deceiving you all under an alias of a fake somebody."

"Deceiving us? You're not though," says Todoroki Shoto. The others agreed. "Does your family clan goes way back? That person looked disgusted when they saw you."

"The Fuji clan are people that has helped in suppressing the demons back alongside Demon Slayers since the Sengoku Period; Wisterias are what keeps them at bay. Therefore, you can see as to why we are heavily loathed by demons."

"What do we do if we see a demon?" Asks Iida Tenya.

"Do not engage. If there are any civilians nearby, please get them and yourselves to safety and call for the Pro-Heroes. They will hold the fire until I arrive onto the scene to properly dispose of the demon."

"If we wanted to, could we learn how to kill these demons?" Asks Todoroki Shoto.

"You can, but I am afraid you are far too late. The final selection is in two days, and the average Slayer would need to train for two to five years. And I unfortunately do not have the time to dabble in those with you."

"Why's that?" Asks Midoriya Izuku.

"In this line of work, you do not know when you will be at death's door." The air around you and your classmates was now suddenly heavy, but you ignored it. "No one here has the strength nor the capability to not only last the years of training, but also survive the selection. You all have your own lives and worries to entertain. The fight between demons and humans is our fight, whilst the fight between villains and heroes is your fight."

"... What's the final selection?"

"An individual must pass the Final Selection, a test equivalently used as an entrance examination. During this selection, examinees must survive for seven days on top of Mount. Fujikasane that is heavily infested with demons without any help from the outside world. Those that fail, dies. Those that succeeds are issued standard uniforms, as well as being given an opportunity to choose the ore for their katana."

*knock, knock* The door opens and reveals Aizawa Shota, who appeared more than ready to sleep. His interruption cuts the tension in the air easily, reliving the three greatly. "Alright, that's enough interrogation. Y'all got school tomorrow, and I've got to teach. Go home."

"