Chapter 018

| Welcome to the Preparations to the Sports Festival pt1|

You pet your Kasugai crow, Violet, once more before opening your window, letting her fly and soar to the skies off into the distance. The wind blow through your window, the cold breeze brings out a sigh. 'What good air pressure.' You headed downstairs to the living room where Aizawa Shota stood in the kitchen, making himself coffee. You tilt your head. 'He should still be in bed,' you think to yourself. You look at the clock on the wall. It was very early in the morning, 4am.

He turns around and gives you a cup of tea with a croissant. "All Might texted me last night about your guy's training session. He said you wanted to meet at a mountain and that he found one, or so he thinks anyways. So he asked me if I could drive you over there."

"You need not trouble yourself, Aizawa-Sensei. I do not want to trouble you."

He raises a brow. "You don't even know your way around these parts. How do you even plan to get there? And on time too for that matter?"

You looked away and bit into your croissant.

~

[Day One: Two Weeks before the Sports Festival]
"Eh? Fuji-San? What're you doing here?"

"Good morning to you too, Midoriya-San," you say, bowing your head slightly. He does the same, flustered. You turn to Yoshinori Yagi, doing the same. "And to you as well, Yoshinori-Sama."

"No need for honorifics, Fuji-Kun."

You looked back to Aizawa Shota, bowing too. "Thank you very kindly for getting me here. I know the way back from here."

"Be safe kid, and be careful." He looks to Midoriya Izuku sternly. "That goes for you too, problem child."

"Y-Yes, sir!"

The three of you watched as the tired man gets into his car and drives off, leaving you all there at the foot of the mountain.

You turn back towards the two. "I requested that you participated as well, Midoriya-San. I thought it would only be fair, seeing as you and Yoshinori-San share the same Quirk."

He stiffens. "You know? How?"

"No comment. To my knowledge, you had fairly recently been gifted this Quirk, correct?" He nods. "Since the Sports Festival is drawing nearer, you need to be trained enough to where your body will not be badly bruised and broken enough that you cannot function no more."

"That is where Fuji-Kun comes in," says Yoshinori Yagi. "They're an expert in this department."

"Now that you house One For All, Yoshinori-San is now losing his portion, therefore making him vulnerable and weak, more so than the injury at his side was doing to him."

"You know that too?" Asks Midoriya Izuku.

"From this day forth until the Sports Festival, I am not your friend, your classmate, nor your student. You both are students, and I the instructor. One is trained to handle and wield a powerful Quirk, one is trained to survive. Meaning, no Quirks."

"We'll be in your care, Fuji-Kun," says Yoshinori Yagi, bowing.

"A-Ah yes! Thank you for having us!"

You pulled out a timer from your haori. The two tilt their heads to the side, confused. "There was a reason why I had asked for our training session to be at a mountain." You point behind them, saying, "For today, we shall start slowly with the basics. Go run up the mountain and touch the yellow ribbon, then run back down to me in less than two hours."

"-Huh?!"
"-HUH?!"

"Your time starts.. now."

~•~

It took Toshinori Yagi thirty minutes passed two hours to come back down, whilst it took Midoriya Izuku an hour passed two hours. During the initial two hours, you went scouting the surroundings, then to the nearby convenience store to buy some essentials for the two. Your classmate collapses to the ground, clearly exhausted. You pulled him up and straightened his posture, instructing him to breathe in and out slowly; explaining that this way was more efficient to get the air flowing into his system easily and faster.

You handed him a water bottle, saying, "Congratulations on your first attempt, Midoriya-San. However, you are an hour past the mark." He looks up at you tiredly. "You may rest for five minutes," you say before looking back to Toshinori Yagi, who was sitting down while holding a small boulder over his head. "You too may rest."

"Wh-What the?! All Might?!"

"Phew! Haha, I can't feel my arms."

"After your rest, you both are to run around at the foot of the mountain in less than an hour."

"-Eh?!"
"-WHAT?!"

~•~

Surprisingly, both came back on time. You neatly placed down your scythes near but far for your next two exercises. They were utterly exhausted, but you were just getting started. You had to restrain yourself, however. Midoriya Izuku and Yoshinori Yagi were not members nor a part of the Demon Slayer Corporations', therefore you had to go easy on them.

You grabbed out two small bells from the plastic bag, grabbing their attentions. You tied it around your waist, saying, "You will come at me individually to attempt to get these bells from me. You both each get seven minutes."

~•~

They, in fact, did not get the bells from you. You then put the bells away and your scythes.

You cracked your neck, already warmed up and readied, saying, "Just like earlier, you will come at me individually and spar with me, hand to hand combat. You each get five minutes to knock me down."

~•~

They, in fact, did not knocked you down. It was three in the afternoon when you walked Midoriya Izuku and Toshinori Yagi back to the blonde's car. You handed them both a healing ointment, instructing them to soak their tired muscles with it when bathing. You also instructed them to not overeat after a rough training session, and gave training tips for if they do self training. You waved goodbye, informing them to come back tomorrow at the same time they did today, before going back home by yourself on foot despite Toshinori Yagi's protests.

~

"How was training?"

You look up from your book, seeing Aizawa Shota come back from his checkup at the hospital. "Much better than I had originally expected, though both are still undeniably weak."

"Haha."

"Are you in the clear to resume your hero work?"

"Yeah. Thanks for the concern, kid."