Chapter 034

| Welcome to the Marks of a Demon Slayer |

Weeks had passed since information was announced of yet another moment in our favor: three Uppermoons were taken down. Thanks to your medical attention, those who did not get stuck between the cross fire were patched up and are taking refuge someplace safe, whilst those who are able to move helped build the village back to what it was. You clapped your hands together, silently praying. Those that were unfortunate, you and Himejima Gyoumei dug graves for them and mourned over the losses, as the villagers that are still able to walk, mourn and prayed over their loved ones.

"Namu Amida Butsu. No need to feel guilty, Fuji-Kun," says Himejima Gyoumei. You looked up to him. "Their lives are not for nought, but we must tread forwards in the name and memory of all the ones who passed. That is the responsibility of a Demon Slayer that we must bare alone."

You look down, tears were brimming from your eyes. It felt as though an imaginary weight had been lifted from your chest. He always had a way with words, the delivery and the impact is inspirational to you.

*caw* "Hashira! Your presences is requested by Oyakata-Sama!" *caw*

~•~

The person to greet you and your comrades was not Oyakata-Sama, rather his wife, Ubuyashiki Amane. You all bowed in respect.

"Thank you all for coming on such short notice," she says. "I shall conduct today's meeting in place of my husband. Unfortunately, the spreading has worsen immensely, therefore he cannot come; he expresses his greetings and condolences due to the inconvenience." You gripped at the ends of your haori. No one could say anything, but simply nod. "You were all summoned here today because we need to discuss our current situation, and prepare ourselves for what's to come." Ubuyashiki Amane turns to Kanroji Mitsuri and Muichirou, saying, "When you two fought against Uppermoons Four and Five, did you felt different or noticed any abnormalities?"

"O-Oh! Uhh... Yes!" Exclaims Kanroji Mitsuri. "I was like bwam! And then woosh! And when he came to try and take me out, he and I went pow! And then-!" She stops momentarily and looks to everyone, seeing their confused expressions. ".... I'll uhh, I'll stop now," she says as she sinks back down slowly.

"Speaking more on it though," says Tokito Muichirou; "I felt my heart rate increasing, my strength strengthened tenfold." He looks to his wounds, saying, "If it weren't for Fuji-San, I surely would've either died or unable to continue my duties as a Demon Slayer."

"Do you perhaps know something, Amane-Sama?" Asks Kochou Shinobu.

"Although very rarely, these strange effects are the notice of a Slayer meeting the criteria to make themselves stronger."

"How come we've never heard of it?" Asks Iguro Obanai.

"As I've said, due to how rare this occurrence was, no one but the Ubuyashiki family made record of it. Any Slayer who've gained this mark all inevitably dies upon becoming 25."

"Are we correct to assume that gaining this mark of our own is our top priority?" You asked.

Ubuyashiki Amane nods. "The rate of demons appearing at night have decreased dramatically as of late. My husband suspects it to be a sign, an omen of what's to come." She looks to everyone individually, saying, "Whatever Kibutsuji Muzan has planned, for us and the humans over there, we must be prepared."

You gripped the ends of your haori. "Shall I inform the Pro-Heroes?"

"No. This is our fight to participate and end. We cannot draw anymore attention to ourselves and the dangers from our end."

"I understand."

"Ha. Looks like we get to train those pathetic kids," says Shinazugawa Sanemi, his eyes filled with excitement, annoyance and mock.

"I leave the rest in your capable hands," says Ubuyashiki Amane before bowing to you all. "Thank you all for participating and coming to the meeting. I must leave now, it is time for my husband's medicine."

"We shall pray for Oyakata-Sama's recovery," you say.

"I too shall also pray to the gods, not only for Oyakata-Sama, but for the children and you, Amane-Sama," says Himejima Gyoumei.

She smiles, expressing her gratitudes before walking off.