Chapter 023

| Welcome to the Outing |

You disliked being gawked at. In the early afternoon, there was a call to the Aizawa household phone from Nemuri Kayama, asking if she and you could spend the day shopping for your day to day necessities; She had found out that your wardrobe and belongings was 'not enough', and took it upon herself to sort that problem out. Which leads you to where you are now, at the mall, where admiring eyes follows your two's every move. You knew beforehand that the Sports Festival would be broadcasted and people were watching the event, but the sheer quantity of uncomfortableness and stressfulness accompanied from it was expected yet unexpected. Nemuri Kayama notices your stiffened posture and expressions, and tried her best to distract you, but nothing was working. You were acutely aware of how many eyes were on you, how many of those eyes were foes or civilians, how many seconds or minutes would it take you to flee from the area, etc.; the overflowing information was making your stomach churn.

"Clothes, check. Shoes, check. School supplies, check," Neumri Kayama says, looking over the list. "Now we just need a phone, laptop and headphones and we're done!"

You tilt your head. "You mean the devices that everyone uses?"

"Yes!"

"I shall accept the phone for now, but as for the others, I unfortunately must decline."

"Oh but why?"

"I am not like the others." This makes her stops walking. She turns and looks up at you. "I do not belong here, I am merely here under the request to rid of demons. Once I have fulfilled my end, I shall go back to where I belong." You look up to the skies, seeing the clouds slightly moving due to the winds. 'Besides,' you thought. 'There is no reassurance that I will live long.'

"A-Alright. Uhh hey, there's a café nearby! Why don't you go in and and order us a few things while I go and buy you that phone of yours?"

You nod and walked off, the shopping bags in one hand. You knew that you had made the situation awkward. You had not mean to, but you spoke nothing but the truth. These people that showers you with kindness and smiles, their efforts were futile.

"Oh hey, is that Fuji-San?" You knew of that high, cheery voice anywhere. You turned around and saw your classmates, standing not too far away from you. "Eeee! It is! Fuji-San!"

You placed down your bags and held out your arms, knowing that Mina Ashido was intending to tackle you for a hug. Though you had not interacted with her much since your arrival to U. A., you unconsciously treasured these moments.

"Hey, Fuji-San," greeted Kirishima Eijirou. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Yeah, what brought you here?" You briefly glanced at a black haired boy, who had some... strange elbows. You somewhat remembered him from the piles of files of students in U. A.

"Why else would they be here, Tapes?" You tilt your head. 'Tapes?' "Shopping, duh."

"But that's not all there is to do at the mall, though." You slightly narrowed your eyes at the sound of this voice, remembering his crude commentary. "You can go to the movies, get some food-."

"Shut the hell up, Pikachu!"

"Just as Bakugou-San says," you say; "Shopping."

Mina Ashido looks at the café's sign, then exclaims excitedly. "Oh, oh, oh! Let's get some drinks or whatever!"

"Great idea, Mina!" Says Kaminari Denki.

"Suit yourselves," says Bakugou Katsuki, sitting at the table where your bags were.

"Do you want anything, Fuji-San?" Asks Kirishima Eijirou.

You bit the inside of the your cheek. You did not stopped and asked what Nemuri Kayama would have wanted. "Water. Two."

"Alright," he says as he turns towards where his other friends were but was stopped because of your hold. You gave him some currency for him to spend. "Whoa, whoa. It's okay, no need to. Our treat." But you did not budged. "Seriously, Fuji-San, it's-."

"Just take the damn cash, shitty hair!"

Kirishima Eijirou sighs in defeat and takes it. "Oh alright, fine."

You sat down across from Bakugou Katsuki, the two of you waiting. You looked from side to side, seeing the number of eyes increasing the moment you stopped at one place. You furrowed your brows. You fought a scowl from your face. 'How obnoxiously loud.'

"Oi!" Your eyes snaps up at your classmate, seeing him facing the crowds of people around us. "Y'all got peas for brains or something?! Don't you got someplace else to be instead of ogling at somebody?! Can't you see they're obviously uncomfortable?!"

Feeling intimidated and the murderous intent, the crowds disperses. You slightly smiled. Bakugou Katsuki reminded you of Shinazugawa Sanemi. Sure, both are brash and harsh with their words, and their actions are always contradicting; but deep down, they care and notices signs that no one else probably does. It was reassuring. Your other classmates came back with drinks and snacks moments afterwards. You and them had a great time, chatting away and enjoying each other's company. You closed your eyes. This moment was nice, it was relaxing. 'Too comforting,' you thought as a frown shown itself on your face.

"Oh? I see you're settling in with your class nicely, Fuji-Chan."

You opened your eyes to find Nemuri Kayama staring down at you closely, not that you had not already known that she was coming. Her heels gave herself away.

"Ms. Midnight!"

"Whoa! Our teacher is here!"

"What're you doing here, Ms. Midnight?" Asks Kirishima Eijirou.

"More importantly," says Kaminari Denki; "I didn't know you and Ms. Midnight knew each other!"

You ignored them as you handed Nemuri Kayama her water. You grabbed your bags and bowed slightly before walking off.

 You grabbed your bags and bowed slightly before walking off