Side Story 04

| Welcome to the Picnic |

Shinazugawa Sanemi turns around. "Huh? A picnic?"

"Yes," answered Kochou Shinobu. "Oyakata-Sama requested that we could all take a break, and that maybe you can lend the lot that you own so that we can stay there. Do you think we can do this tomorrow?"

You tilt your head. The idea sounded great to you, however...

"Do you think I'm the type who would just take a break with this kind of job?" He asks.

"I'm sure taking a break is good every once in awhile. It would be good for solidifying the unity of the pillars!"

"However, isn't there something else that's more flashy?" Asks Uzui Tengen. "It's too plain."

"Why a picnic specifically?" Asks Iguro Obanai. "It's gonna take some time. It doesn't matter whose mansion, it's too-."

"But isn't it nice?!" Exclaims Kanroji Mitsuri excitedly. "All of us eating under the blue sky, looks like it would be so fun!"

"Ah. Yeah, a picnic should be the best choice. I'll do my best to prepare."

You inwardly deadpanned. 'Of course Iguro-Sama would come along immediately if Kanroji-Sama agrees to go.'

"Then that's settled," says Kochou Shinobu. "At night, each person will go and check the surroundings. Let's do it quickly so that we can come back and start preparing!"

"Yay!"

"I don't understand why, but I'm looking forward to it!" Exclaims Rengouku Kyoujurou.

"I'm sorry," says Tomioka Giyuu. "But I'm not going. I'm going to train."

"What do you mean, Tomioka?" Asks Iguro Obanai. "You're planning to train instead of going to the picnic? You lack awareness as a pillar."

Your brow narrows at the commentary. How hypocritical of him to say that when he too earlier declined?

"Come on, come on!" Exclaims Kochou Shinobu. "It's a good opportunity!"

"That's right," agrees Uzui Tengen.

"No.. I'm-."

"I'm sick of how you talk, don't act like that forever," says Shinazugawa Sanemi.

You averted your eyes. You decided to get yourself ready to patrol first. 'The others will coax him to come along,' you think to yourself.

"Ara Fuji-San!" Exclaims Kochou Shinobu. All eyes were on you. You disliked being watched so intensely. It reminded you of your sister. "You're coming along, yes?" You nod, afraid to turn around. "Make sure to bring something for you and everyone else to eat too!" You nodded once more before going about your day.

~

You sighed contently, cleaning up the last bits of trash. You looked around, seeing your fellow colleagues conversing with each other and enjoying the moment. Your eyes softened. This was nice. You hoped an opportunity like this would happen again in the near future.