Chapter 020

| Welcome to the Sports Festival pt1 |

"Objectively speaking, I'm better than you, Midoriya." You looked up from your stretches, seeing Todoroki Shoto standing face to face to Midoriya Izuku. "Better than anyone here."

"What?"

"Hey, hey, hey! What's this? The strongest one from 1A is declaring war?" Asks Kaminari Denki excitedly.

"Hey dude, there's no need for all of that, man," says Kirishima Eijirou as he puts a hand on Todoroki Shoto's shoulder.

But he shoves it off, saying coldly, "I'm not here to make any friends. I'm here to win." He turns to look at you. "That goes for you too, Fuji-San. You may have beaten me during our combat training, and be recognized by All Might, but I'll beat you this time."

You swallow the lump in your throat. ".. Unfortunately, that opportunity of yours shall not come to pass."

"What do you mean, Fuji-San?" Asks Yaoyorozu Momo.

"Oh~? Are you scared?" Asks Ashido Mina teasingly.

"I am not participating in the battles against the students. I have someplace else I need to be in a few hours, therefore, your opportunity is nullified."

"Wait what? Why?" Asks Kirishima Eijirou.

"Something has come up. I was lucky enough to be even given this chance to participate." You bowed, saying, "I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Perhaps another time."

Before anyone could respond, there was an announcement made, informing students to come out.

~•~

You easily passed through the first event with flying colors, though you came in second. You purposefully made it this way. You had to conserve your energy for the third event, otherwise, you will not stand a chance. You heard the sounds of struggling and disgust from behind you. Ignoring the announcements that was explaining the next event, you turned around and saw Yaoyorozu Momo trying to get Mineta Minoru off of her; you gathered that he latched onto her during the race. You walked up and separated the two, pulling her behind you. You gave Mineta Minoru a threatening glare, one that gets your point across; the look left him shaking in fear.

"Thank you so much, Fuji-San," says Yaoyorozu Momo.

You nod. Looking around, you spotted a familiar purple haired individual in the distance. You walked up and leaned down to his ear, saying, "Mind if I join your team?"

Hitoshi Shinso spins around, startled at your voice. You straightened back up, intimidating other students around you because of your height. "Uh yeah, sure."

"I shall be in the back, holding you, considering my height," you say before leaning down once more. "I have a plan, I would like to hear your opinion about it."

~

You were in a waiting room, stretching yourself out even more when continuous knocks came from the door. You opened it and saw Violet. You ushered her inside before closing it as she gets up onto the table.

*caw, caw* "Fuji Y/N! A message! Rengouku Kyoujurou has passed away earlier today due to his fight against Uppermoon Three!" Your body froze. You look back to Violet, your eyes widens in pure shock. "A funeral will be taken place at the Rengouku Estate! If abled to, attend!" *caw*

You leaned onto the table next to you for support. You could not hear anything but the endless ringing in your ears, your mind left empty, and your heart ended up tearing itself apart. Rengouku Kyoujurou, a dear and treasured comrade of yours... had died? Your free hand curls into a fist, making the palm of your hand bleed. You could have perhaps been there, for support of his mission, just in case. But instead, you were here, hours away.

"Damn you," you say after awhile. "Damn you, Kibutsuji Muzan! DAMN YOU!"

 "Damn you, Kibutsuji Muzan! DAMN YOU!"