Ch. 58

"Daddy." Amelia was sniffling as she walked into the kitchen. Nicki scooped her into his arms before her face buried into his broad chest. The two had the day alone together and he was tying to make the two of them breakfast. He all but forgot about it when he saw the tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong lovely?" He asked softly before she held out her finger and he saw a small cut. "Oh em gee." He exaggerated his words causing a giggle to slip out of her mouth as her hand was gently grabbed by him. "Okay, okay." He said before he set her down on the counter. "You hold this to it we don't want blood everywhere." He said before he unwound a massive amount of paper towels and set them into her lap. "Princess or skulls?" He asked as he grabbed the princess bandage already knowing what she would want.

"Princess." She said as a lone tear ran down her cheek. He quickly wiped it away before grabbing a medical wipe from their med kit.

"This might hurt okay." He said gently before he quickly wiped at the wound. When he saw the tears in her eyes he blew at the cut quickly making the pain go away. He put the bandage over the wound before he kissed her finger. "All better now?" She motioned for him to pick her up before she nodded. "Now how did you do that?"

"Mummas guitar." He gave a small sound of understanding as he scooped her into his arms and made a mental note to put their guitars out of the childrens reach.

"What do you wanna do today?" He asked quietly as he went back to flipping pancakes. She shrugged as she went quiet her thumb slipping into her mouth. "Baba..." He said in disapproval knowing that was a behavior they should be stopping. Her pleading eyes looked up at him before he let it be not wanting to ruin the little alone time they had.

"Aunty Leigh is here!" Leigh-Anne called out as the two in the kitchen exchanged a look.

"We're in here Leigh." Nicki said before she joined them in the kitchen.

"Where's everyone else?" She asked before taking Amelia from her father. The young girl instantly cuddled into Leigh-Anne's frame.

"Pez and Jadey took Leighton and Jessie to the studio so Jade could record some things. Left her with me so we could have some time together." The darker skinned woman gently rubbed the young girls back earning a yawn. "If you want to I've made enough pancakes for an army.... Not used to cooking for two anymore."

"Lord do I feel that. I feel like I never stop cooking." He chuckled as he nodded in agreement.

"Needed an escape for a bit." She nodded. "Now you know why I was over at your place so many times or why you were dragged out for coffee by Pez." She started to laugh. "Just don't leave him by hisself too long."

"God I could never. Can't have a solid nap without one of them in my arms." A smile was exchanged between the two adults.

"Enjoy it while they're young. They get this age..." He motioned towards Amelia. "And they start kicking you in the face when you least expect it." A laugh escaped her lips as she remembered the black eye he had last week from Leighton.

"Yeah I don't envy you. Your little ones have some legs on them." He chuckled softly.

"And yours don't. Andre has some damn tree trunks for legs. Mine look like toothpicks next to his." She eyed his legs before she agreed.

"Yeah.... That's not gonna be fun." She commented knowing what was in her future.

"Just use Andre as a shield and you should be good that's what Pezza does. She hasn't been kicked once... Me every day." Amelia's head moved to Leigh-Anne's shoulder as Nicki pulled the last pancake off the pan.

Once the three had eaten and Leigh-Anne went back to her home the two moved into the living room. Amelia directed Nicki towards the recliner before the two leaned back.