Ch. 29

Perrie's p.o.v.

I woke up to Nicki laying next to me and an unbearable pain in my stomach... shit. I went to stand up and water hit my feet.

"Nicki get up now." I screamed, feeling what would be my first contraction. He bolted up, immediately along with the girls and my mom.

About 5 hours later I was about 8cm dilated and my contractions were about three minutes apart. The doctor told me I was a lucky one, most people usually wait a lot longer to become almost fully dilated. Nicki stood by me holding my hand through each contraction.

"I feel like I'm dying." I cried out as another contraction hit. Nicki and my mum both grabbed my hand.

"Everything's going to be alright Petal." She told me softly.

"I should have gone for the epidural." I shrieked. The girls were waiting in the waiting room now. They had been here up until about ten minutes ago. They wanted Nicki, my mum and I to have privacy. In their terms, 'I was just about to pop and we want to give you the space you need.'

Nicki was stroking the top of my head lightly before wiping a tear off of my face.

"I hate you." I said lightly with a laugh once the pain subsided. All of a sudden right after the pain subsided another contraction ripped through me. My mum exited the room quickly to find the doctor.

"It's gonna be alright Pez. I've got you." He said before placing a kiss on my sweat coated forehead as he took both of my hands into his.

The doctor came into the room with my mum.

"Alright Ms. Edwards, I think it's about time you start to push." He said once he confirmed that the babies were in the right position and that I was 10cm dilated. "When the next contraction hits, I need you to push with all of your strength."

As if on cue a huge contraction ripped through me.

Nicki's p.o.v.

"Ok now push." The doctor said as Perrie complied. Debbie and I both had one of Perrie's hands. She gripped our hands tightly as she arched forward pushing. "The baby is crowning you're doing good." He said trying to comfort her.

I put my arm around her shoulder as she looked into my eyes pleading for comfort. I leaned forward as she pushed, her head was resting on my shoulder.

"One more push." The doctor said. Perrie pushed again. A piercing scream echoed the room before we heard a baby crying. "Congratulations, it's a boy. Now let's help baby number two enter the world." He said softly. Perrie nodded her head before I gently placed a kiss on her forehead.

A contraction seemed to tear her body apart as she pushed and screamed. "Baby's crowning." He said to us before Perrie screamed pushing one last time.

This time there was no cry, no indication that she was alive. My heart broke.

Debbie's p.o.v.

'No. No. No. No. This cannot be happening. Not to these two.' I thought before the doctor looked at us.

"Looks like this little girl is going to be quiet. She's perfectly healthy though." The doctor said while Nicki let out a huge breath.

When I looked over at my soon to be son. Yes, I'm going to call it now. They are going to get married. Nicki had tears running down his face. Perrie did as well.

"Would you like to hold your babies?" The doctor asked Perrie who nodded.

Perrie's p.o.v.