Ch. 07

*four days later*

Nicki's p.o.v.

Slowly I began to hear things. I think it was a man and woman talking but I couldn't make out who. Whose voices were those? They don't sound familiar.

"He should be waking up soon Perrie." He said before she spoke up. 'Whose Perrie?' I thought.

"Thank you." The girl named Perrie responded. This was all before I felt a hand go through my hair. I tensed and she must of felt it. "Nicki?" She asked. 'How does she know my name?' My internal monologue asked. "Can you open your eyes baba?" She said before I slowly fluttered my eyes before looking into the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. "Hey, Nicki." She said smiling. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"W-who are you?" I asked with my voice cracking slightly. Her face dropped at my words. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked quietly feeling the dryness in my throats increase. "Thank you." I told her as she handed me a cuppa. Then the tears began rolling down her face.

"Y-you d-didn't do anything w-wrong." She stuttered while trying not to cry. "I'm going to go talk to the doctor. I'll be back." She said before leaving me confused.

Perrie's p.o.v.

He didn't remember me. No. No. No. No. No. No. This can't be happening. I needed to find the doctor asap. By the time I found him I was a mess and he pulled me into a hug.

"Is everything alright Ms. Edwards?" He asked. I shook my head violently still sobbing like a child.

"H-he woke u-up. H-he doesn't remember anything." I said somewhat coherently before bursting into another fit of tears.

"That was a possibility but we didn't think it would happen." He said before guiding me back to the room. He sat me down in a chair before going over to a confused Nicki.

"Hello sir. My name is Dr. Shepard. Do you know where you are?" He asked before Nicki spoke up.

"I-I think I'm in a hospital." He said child-like before looking at me.

"Yes you are. Do you know why you're here?" Dr. Shepard asked before Nicki shook his head. "You were in an altercation with another man and got shot in your shoulder. You lost a lot of blood but Perrie over here." He put his hand on my shoulder. "Was proactive and possibly saved your life by calling 999 and getting you here as quickly as possible." He said while Nicki looked at him confused. "We think that due to the blood loss and possibly hitting your head that you may have some memory loss. We need to determine how bad it is so could you please tell me your name." He said while looking at Nicki.

"I-I don't know-w." Nicki replied. I couldn't help the small sobs and tears that escaped my body.

Nicki's p.o.v.

When the girl named Perrie started sobbing it broke my heart I kept looking at her in awe. 'Why was it breaking my heart? Gosh this is so confusing.'

"Sir your name is Nicki Winehouse. I'm afraid that you might have some serious memory loss. We need to run some tests to determine if it is permanent or will wear off." He said before moving the bed towards the door. "We will be back Ms. Edwards." He said before pushing me out of the room and into another room that had a huge machine.

"What is this?" I asked.

"This is a CT scan. It's used to see organ function. We are going to put you in there to see how bad your brain damage is. If you have any or if it is just a bruise." He said before helping me out of the bed onto the table.

Perrie's p.o.v.

'I guess it's time to tell the girls.' I thought before going to my phone creating a group text.

-Nicki is up-

I sent the text before I continued with a tear dropping on my phone.

-He doesn't remember anything. They took him back to see how bad the damage is.-

I texted before the replies came in saying that they all were on their way.

By the time Nicki was back all three girls were trying to console me. He looked at the four of us concerned. He opened his mouth to try to speak but before anything could escape Dr. Shepard returned and gave us the news.

"There's no brain damage that can be seen. We saw a bruise on his brain in his memory cortex. His memory is gone for now. We don't know how long it will take for him to regain his memory, but it will come back." He said before moving towards the door. "This is good news. We will release him in the next few days. A nurse will be in to speak with you four about what to do to help him. Everything will be alright girls." He said before leaving the room.
I looked up at Nicki who was looking into my eyes.

"Come 'ere." He said while extending a hand out to me. I quickly obliged moving to the chair closer to him before he gestured for me to sit on the bed. I looked at him funny. "It's ok I don't bite." He joked while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Fine." I said while sitting next to him before he grabbed my hand.

"Can you tell me who everyone is?" He asked quietly, blushing while he looked down.

"Well the girl with the red hair is Jesy. The girl with the curly black hair is Leigh-Anne. And the shorter girl with the brown hair is Jade. They are in a band with me. You've known them for about 5 years." I said while rubbing his knuckles.

"And you're Perrie." He said while squeezing my hand. "I feel like I remember you somehow." He stated while looking into my eyes.

"We've known each other our whole lives." I said before he wiped a stray tear that ran down my face.

"I'm sorry.." He said before moving his hand from my cheek.

"It's not your fault petal." I said softly while moving to stray my fingers through his hair.

By the time he fell asleep again, Jesy, Jade and Leigh left.

The next few days were pretty uneventful. Taylor his best friend came to visit and Selena had flown in, but decided that she didn't want to bombard him with people at the hospital so she would "wait to meet him" till when he got home. Finally, four days after he woke up the nurse was back with information regarding his discharge and instructions oh how to proceed with him. Once I signed the papers he was free to go home.

"Ok So one of you needs to go home before Nicki and I to control the dogs we can't have them jumping on him. You all know not to bombard him with questions and don't give him too much information. We don't want him to have sensory overload. But let's get dumb-dumb back home so we can all cuddle and watch movies." I said before moving to wake Nicki up. "Come on baba, let's go home." I said once he opened his eyes. He nodded his head and followed me out to the car.