Ch. 25

*three weeks later*

Nicki's p.o.v.

Last night I could barely sleep. Perrie however slept like a log. Why didn't I sleep? You might ask. Well because today I find out whether we, well Perrie, is having a baby girl or boy. I personally hope it's a girl, Perrie knows but she wants a boy so let's not talk about that.

It's about nine in the morning, the appointment is at noon so I decided to let Perrie sleep for another hour. I did my morning routine before making breakfast. I decided that breakfast in bed was the perfect option. I grabbed a tray and the food before heading upstairs. Perrie was still asleep but this time instead of on her side she was on her back.

Perfect opportunity to talk to the little one. I read somewhere that talking to it would help when it's born... I can't wait to stop calling it, it... to recognize our voices.

"Bonjour mon petit papillon. J'espère que tout va bien là-dedans, maman et moi t'aimons beaucoup. Aujourd'hui, nous allons découvrir si tu vas être notre petite princesse ou notre prince. Je t'aime. J'ai hâte que tu viennes au monde."

(Good morning my little butterfly. I hope everything is alright in there, mum and I both love you so much. Today, we are going to find out if your going to be our little princess or our prince. I love you. I can not wait for you to come into this world. AN- Thank you oceane3419 for the translation!)

Perries p.o.v.

I woke up to what seemed like somebody speaking another language. I looked down and saw Nicki whispering sweet nothings to my stomach. I couldn't help but smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked him before I took a strip of bacon from the tray he set on my lap.

"I read that if you talk to the baby in the womb, when it comes into this world it will recognize our voices." He said innocently before capturing my lips in a kiss. "Eat up Pez. Big day today. Plus you have about an hour and a half to get ready." He said stealing a bite of the bacon I had in my hand.

I was ready in less than an hour so we had time to cuddle together. These are the moments that I can't help but want to remember for the rest of my life. I was cuddled into his side and his hand was lightly caressing my protruding stomach.

It was insane how much my stomach has grown in the past five months. I have already gained about 5 kg, but the doctor said that it's normal to gain weight especially since I haven't had the healthiest diet. What can I say all I crave is sweets and crisps.

After about thirty minutes of our quiet cuddle session I pulled Nicki up announcing it was time to go. He laughed at me before kissing my nose and pulling me out the door.

We arrived at the doctors ten minutes later. I checked in as he went to get us secluded seats. His hat was pulled low just like mine. Thankfully, the doctor came over to us, instead of yelling my name out to the waiting room, like they usually do. Nicki grabbed my hand as we got up and followed the doctor back.

He took my weight, 57. Wow, that's 6 kg since I first found out I was pregnant. He looked at me curiously before directing us to a room.

"Alright Ms. Edwards, let's take a look at that baby of yours." He said with a smile. Nicki looked down at his phone before I hit his shoulder indicating that it was time to put it away. He mumbled a sorry as he put his phone in his pocket.

I grabbed his hand nervously. The doctor spread the cold gel across my stomach before starting the ultrasound. He pointed out a foot then another one. He stopped at one spot for what seemed like an hour. He smiled even bigger before pointing toward the baby's genitalia.