Ch. 28

*two weeks later*

Nicki's p.o.v.

The time was ticking down on the birth of the twins. Perrie and I were nervous and excited at the same time. We had the room all set up for them, had ample enough clothes and diapers and would have a lot more by the end of the day. Oh, did I forget to mention, the baby shower is today.

We also have the car ready to go with car seats and a bag for the hospital. To be honest I think we were too ready.

"Nicki." Perrie said snapping her fingers in front of my face drawing me out of my trance.

"Yea Pezzie?" She wrapped her arms around me.

"You were zoned out and I just want a hug before the chaos begins." She said. I wrapped my arms around her, chin resting on her head. After the shower Debbie would be staying here till Perrie gave birth and more than likely a month or two after. "Caitlin just texted me. They'll be here in ten." I groaned slightly before she hit my side. "This is my day, not yours." She grabbed my chin pulling me down to her level. "Put a smile on that handsome face. For me please." I smiled slightly before she tickled my sides.

"Pezzie stop-p." I said while laughing.

"Smile." I couldn't help the grin that appeared while I was laughing. She finally stopped. "There's that's the smile I love." She pulled me down to kiss her before we were interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

"You two are way too cute for your own good." I heard Caitlin say before Perrie tackled her in a hug. "Damn I didn't think pregnant people could move that fast." I flicked her nose.

"No swearing. The babies can hear you and the last thing we want them to hear is their auntie swearing." I told her before she hit my shoulder and pulled me in for a hug. "Hey little sis."

"You know I should kick your ass for getting my sister pregnant." I flicked her nose again. "Oh shut up you have a worse potty mouth than I do." Perrie at this point was laughing her ass off at our exchange.

"Actually he's been pretty good keeping his foul mouth in check." Perrie stated while I stuck my tongue out at Caitlin. Perrie hit the back of my head. I put my hands up in surrender before she spoke again. "Don't act like a child." I huffed before the doorbell rang.

Before I couldn't even take a step to answer the door Jesy, Leigh-Anne and Jade appeared. Jesy handed me a six pack of beer.

"You'll need it." She told me as she hugged me. I quickly downed one before helping Perrie over to the couch. We sat and talked as more and more people filed into the small living room.

Finally, everyone that's was invited had arrived and Jesy, who had planned all of this declared it was time to open presents since the games had already taken place. Perrie winning most of them due to her competitive nature.

"First is mine." Caitlin stated handing Perrie and I our own bags. She had gotten Amelia an array of different colored tutus and bows, while she got Jessie an array of football and hockey gear.

Claude and the other dances had gotten us another set of car seats and two bouncers. Alex had gotten us two guitars with the babies names embossed on them. Jonnie who wasn't there but still sent a gift, gave us a little photo album to keep memories of the babies in. Debbie had gotten us in all honesty a way too expensive twin carriage. She had bought a lot of stuff for us before the shower even happened. We told her that if she got us any more we would be mad. She had spent too much money as it is.

Then came the girls gifts.

Perrie's p.o.v.

First I opened Leigh-Anne's gift. It was a large box. I went to lift it.

"What the hell is in this?" I questioned before Caitlin threw a piece of wrapping paper at me. I flicked her off quickly before Nicki set the large gift in front of me. I ripped the wrapping paper off before my eyes went wide. It was a box filled with toys to the point where the box couldn't close. "You shouldn't have Leigh." I said before she came over and hugged me.

"I'm just proving that I should be at least one of their godmother." She said as a joke. Then Nicki picked up another large box from Jesy.

"This ones even heavier." He said while looking at her. She shrugged and smirked. When I finally opened it to reveal way too many clothes, two pairs of head phones and Little Mix gear. Everyone in the room cracked up.

"Well, we're gonna have two mini-mixers. They need to represent." She said with her hands up in defense. I motioned for her to come over toward me. I hugged her tightly.

"It's perfect Jes." I told her before Jade came over with one box, while Nicki grabbed the other. "Jade, why are there two boxes?" I asked her while she smiled evilly.

"Well they each needed their own box. You can't have boy and girl stuff touching. Ew." Everyone laughed. "Now open Amelia's first." I did as told.

Once opened the box revealed different colored bows in all shapes and sizes. Typical Jade. Then after taking out a divider there was an array of Disney dolls and clothes ranging from dresses to onesies and socks. The smile on my face must have been huge. Finally, the last divider revealed a toy car.

"You know the babies aren't going to be able to drive these for years?" I questioned her. She nodded.

"Well just because they can't doesn't mean I can't." She said innocently.

"We know who the fun Aunt is going to be." Nicki commented before Jade told him to open Jessie's gift. Inside were toy story toys, onesies and socks along with a large stitch plush from Lilo and Stitch. Nicki smiled at this. Then at the bottom just like the other there was another child size car. "I'm gonna kick your ass in this." He said while looking at Jade.

"Well it's charged up. Let's race and prove that smaller beats bigger anytime."

By the time they got to the driveway the whole house piled out. Jesy was the ref at the starting position while Leigh-Anne was at the bottom to declare the winner.

"As usual the rules are the first to the bottom wins. Now 1, 2, 3, GO!" Jesy stated as they started down the driveway. About halfway down the driveway they both fell out of the cars after hitting a bump. Nicki and Jade immediately picked the cars up continuing on foot to the bottom. Jade tripped Nicki who fell with his front inside the car.

There wasn't a dry eye in the driveway. It was honestly too funny not to laugh at. Somehow even with his head by the pedals Nicki made it to the bottom of the hill.

"Haaaa!" He screamed once he flipped his body out of the car. "Just because your small doesn't mean shit. The bigger you are the more momentum you have." Nicki said before pulling Jade into a side hug kissing the top of her head. People continued to race down the driveway in the cars until the batteries went out. After that everybody was tired and the sun was down so they called it a night.

The night ended with Nicki and I cuddling on the couch watching movies after we had put all of the gifts away.