Ch. 54

All of his kids looked between each other. Nobody knew what to answer. Nobody knew how to tell him. Perrie squeezed Nicki's thigh gently. He cleared his throat trying to find the words.

"We don't know." Nicki said quietly. Rick looked at him baffled.

"H-how?" Nicki looked to his siblings for help. They were still baffled by Rick being there.

"He said he needed space after the car accident. None of us have heard from him since." Hayley said quietly while going to sit on one of the many chairs. The rest of the siblings doing the same.

"What car accident?" Rick asked. Everyone looked over and Nicki who put his face in his hands. The blonde next to him gently ran her hand along his back.

"We got into a car accident on his 21st birthday. Neither one of us told anyone about it. Ever since then we haven't heard from him." Rick watched Nicki closely. Then his eyes flipped to his other children. None would meet his eyes.

"Who caused it?" He asked quietly.

"We all did." Alex said after the longest while. "We all got him drunk and pushed him too far. Then being the drunk idiots that we are we let the two of them drive home. They crashed not even a mile from their home."

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Nicki leaned against Perrie trying to gain any support he could from her. Her fingers intertwined with his.

"Because we almost killed ourselves." He said quietly. "We drove home. Parked the car in the garage and never spoke of it. When I woke up the next morning Finn was gone." Rick stood up and walked out of the house for a moment. He came back after trying to digest what he had heard. "We've all tried to find him. Even hired people. But we couldn't find him." Rick sat back down and looked between everyone.

"Sorry its just a lot to digest."

~~~~~

A few weeks later Nicki and Perrie were sitting on the couch. The girls had taken the triplets so they could spend quality time with the babies. The two were enjoying the quiet.

"Come cuddle Pez." He whined his arms opening for her. She came towards him only to be interrupted by the doorbell. He groaned falling back into the couch as she went to answer the door.

"Perrie Edwards." Nicki bolted up he'd recognize that voice anywhere. "I knew he'd shack up with you." As he walked towards his fiancé he stopped when he was greeted by a carbon copy of himself. They were twins only born a day apart. Finn being the older one.

Finn took a step towards his brother. Before Nicki even knew what he was doing his fist landed squarely on his brothers cheek.

"That was deserved." Finn said with a laugh.

"What the fuck?" Nicki said as Perrie went to get Finn an ice pack.

"I know. I know. I just came to explain." He said before taking another cautious step towards his twin. "Please little bro."

Nicki nodded once. The younger brother turned guiding the other towards the couch. They sat down on different couches before Perrie came in she dropped the ice pack on Finns lap and curled into Nicki's side.

"I left after the accident because I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't stop drinking. The birthday party wasn't even close to the first time I was drunk. When we got into the crash I went to America to get away from everyone. I just couldn't take facing everyone after that. When I got to the states I got bad into drugs up until a couple of years ago when I went into rehab." Nicki stopped him.

"Why didn't you tell one of us?" Finn shook his head.

"I couldn't get any of you involved. I was in too deep with the drugs. I barely thought about anyone, anything but drugs. I couldn't drag any of you down with me. I-I just came to apologize. If you don't accept it I understand." As Finn stood up to leave Nicki stopped him.

"You don't have to leave." He said with a smile. "In fact if you'd like stay for dinner and meet you niece and nephews."

"I knew there was a reason for all this baby stuff around." Finn said with a laugh. He sat back down before looking at Perrie. "You still look good Pez." He stated with a wink. She flashed him her engagement ring before her middle finger was shown. "Damn I really should have taken that bet with Ed. I would have won." He said while shaking his head.

Perrie giggled her head leaning against Nicki's chest. His arm wrapped around her gently. Small talk ensued before the girls walked through the door. Babies and food in hand.

Jade was the first to stop. She shot Nicki and Perrie a very confused look.

"Girls. This is my brother Finn." He said with a smile. They all nervously laughed before Jesy was the first to speak up.

"Damn I didn't think there would be another one of you on earth. But let me be the first to say. I'm Jesy and you're fucking hot." She said while extending her hand towards him. Nicki glared at Finn as he took her hand. Nicki's next words were spoken with fine.

"You even think about it you're dead."