Ch. 34

Nicki's p.o.v.

When I woke up Debbie and the girls were playing with the babies. Perrie was the first to notice I was awake, she came over and cuddled up to me.

"My turn." She whispered into my ear before shutting her eyes, sleep quickly taking over her. Jesy came over and kissed my cheek, before handing Amelia to me.

"You couldn't even warn us?" She asked quietly.

"Perrie didn't want me to tell anyone until today. Trust me I wanted to tell you all, but she scares me more than the four of you combined." They all started to laugh at my statement.

"She scares us too." Jade said before sitting at the bottom of the bed. "Especially when she was pregnant. You're lucky you didn't have to deal with her much during it. We honestly thought she was going to kill us." I laughed at her.

"Trust me I know. Even the little I was with her, she looked like she wanted to kill me." They started laughing at me before agreeing. Amelia started to stir in my arms.

Her eyes opened, she went to cry but stopped when she saw me. She's too damn adorable, I can't handle it.

"I can't wait to go home." Perrie said while cooing at the baby in my arms. Her and the babies were going to be released tomorrow, thank god. The house is too quiet when I'm there alone.

I kissed the top of Perrie's head agreeing with her. Just then I couldn't breathe and started coughing a few minutes later.

Jesy's p.o.v.

The girls and I were talking, it was a little weird because usually when we're talking Nicki is, unless he is asleep. All of a sudden Debbie ran out into the hallway calling for a doctor, while Perrie grabbed Amelia out of Nicki's arms. That's when I noticed his face was blue and he was gasping for air.

I quickly got up and went over to Perrie, who had just put the baby in the bassinet. The doctors were in quickly and were attending to him. They asked for us to leave. I went to exit but stopped when I noticed Perrie wasn't moving.

"Come on Pez. Let's, let them do their work. He'll be fine." She didn't move, I moved closer to her and wrapped my arms around her, she collapsed into them. Her body was shaking from her crying, I slowly moved her out of the room into the hallway. The nurse had taken the babies back to the nursery.

Debbie came over and took Perrie from my arms. She started to whisper sweet nothings into her ear before I started to lose it.

We can't lose him.

We just can't.

He's our rock, Perrie's rock.

I finally broke down as Jade, Leigh and Debbie all did the same. A nurse ushered us into a private room assuring us that the doctor would be in with information when it was available. We all cried for what felt like hours before we finally pulled ourselves together.

"I fucking hate that boy." Debbie said with a laugh. "He always has to do stupid stuff like this. Remember when he got into the car accident and he didn't tell anyone until his face started to swell up." Perrie started laughing.

"Yea at that point his face was the size of the basketball and he had a concussion so bad that he was talking about riding a unicorn." Perrie added, we all started to laugh.

"Or when he blew out his knee during a game and kept playing without anyone noticing and then collapsed after scoring a goal." Deb added. Perrie shook her head.

"He never really liked to tell people he was hurt." She stated with a laugh.

"I just remember the day he fell down the stairs of the tour bus, broke his finger and played it off as if nothing had happened." Jade said.

"Or when he went skating with us and took all of us down." I added. We all were back in hysterics.

"What about when he got banned from the black magic set because he wouldn't stop making faces at us or making us laugh in the middle of the shoot." Leigh said.

"Then or when he got banned upright because he kept doing it on other shoots." Perrie said with tears in her eyes.

"I thought Paul was going to kill him that day." I said.

"I think Paul still wants to kill him, but he won't admit it." Jade said before we all agreed.

"He knows how to get under people's skin that's for sure." Debbie commented with a laugh.

A doctor opened the door and asked Perrie to come with her.

Perrie's p.o.v.

"How is he?" I asked the doctor once we entered Nicki's room.

"Right now he's stable. But I must ask you something." She paused for a second trying to read me. "Does he have any history of cancer?" I shook my head. "Well I'm sorry to have to tell you this given the circumstance, but he has non-small cell lung cancer. He needs to have surgery done as soon as possible to make sure that it doesn't spread." This was a lot of information to take in. "If it is okay with you, we would like to take him back now."

I nodded at her words.

"He would want me to do whatever it takes. So please do the surgery now." She walked me back to the private room, before leaving me at the door, saying she will do the surgery now. I walked into the room and couldn't help the fact that my knees buckled and I almost fell.

Jades p.o.v.

I caught Perrie before she hit the ground. I didn't think I had it in me to hold her up, but I'll be damned if I drop her.

"What happened Petal?" Debbie asked while rubbing a crying Perrie's back.

"H-he h-has can..." She was sobbing hard and was barely able to understand. "Cancer." We all stopped and looked at her as if she said he had died, we were so shocked. The other two girls and Debbie embraced the two of us in a group hug.

"They're taking him to surgery now." Perrie said into my chest.

"It'll be alright Pez. They wouldn't be operating on him if it were bad." Jesy said quietly trying to reassure her.

"I'm just scared." That was the first time I've ever heard Perrie say she was scared. "I can't live without him."