Ch. 32

Nicki's p.o.v.

Perrie and I had decided that we would take a walk to see the twins in the nursery. Late last night the nurse took them so that we could get some sleep. I had my arm protectively wrapped around Perrie, who was leaning into me. At we reached the big window, we saw the two smiling faces of our babies.

"I hate looking at the through a window, but they are too damn cute." Perrie said while looking up at me. I couldn't help but smile at her words. Then I looked in the bassinet next to Amelia. There was a smiling little baby, who had no name, just a number. A nurse came up next to me.

"He was abandoned by his mother. I don't know how anyone could do that." She said quietly, once she noticed Perrie and I looking at him. I looked down at Perrie, while she looked up at me. I think we had the exact same thought.

"Does that mean he's going to be put up for adoption?" I asked the nurse. She nodded.

"He's been here for almost three days and nobody has claimed him. He's actually up for adoption right now. Would you two be interested? I mean yous already have two little ones on you hands." Perrie looked into my eyes and I saw a twinkle light up in them, more than likely matching mine.

"We definitely would be." Perrie said with a smile as I nodded in agreement.

"Are you two really serious about this? Two babies are a lot to handle and adding a third one is going to be even more work." The nurse asked us.

"We truly are." I told her and her smile grew.

"I can get you two in touch with the adoption agency. I can also get you two to the top of the list. It's may be a long strenuous process but I'm sure they will accept you with no problem." She told us before handing us a card. It was the number for the adoption agency. Perrie took it and walked off presumably calling the agency.

"If you would like, I could take you to see the three of them, but you can't tell anyone that I let you or we both could get into trouble.." Perrie came back as the nurse ended her sentence, we both nodded and agreed to remain quiet.

She ushered us into the room and Perrie took Jessie into her arms as I took Amelia into mine.

"If anyone asks you're here to see your babies." The nurse warned before Perrie and I flanked the infant that we grew fond of from afar. He smiled a gummy smile and giggled. I reached out and caressed his stomach gently, while Perrie rubbed the back of her hand along his cheek.

"The adoption agency is sending someone out today. They believe that the sooner they can meet with us and get the process going the better for all of us." Perrie said, her gaze set on the small child in front of us. He was smaller than Amelia and Jessie.

"He was born two months premature. He's perfectly healthy despite it though." The nurse said noticing that I was looking at the size of the the baby.

About a half an hour later we had the twins and were sitting in Perrie's room waiting for the agent to come. When she walked in the door she was all smiles.

"It's a pleasure to meet the both of you and I am very pleased about what we found about the both of you. You both have very good jobs and seem to be the perfect candidates for the child. But I still must ask the both of you some questions." The agent we later learned was named Lauren. "First thing is the most important question, why do you two want to adopt this child? I see that you just had two of your own and I want to make sure that you're fit to take on another."

"We had talked about wanting another child or two." I began. "We thought that it may come later, but we both knew the second we laid eyes on him, that he is the absolutely perfect addition to our family. He has that same kind of spark in his eyes that we had and we honestly can't stop thinking about him. I think that even if we hadn't known that he was up for adoption our minds would still be on him.

There's something about him that's different, much like the two of us are. I don't know how anyone would abandon him, but in a way I'm glad that they did because I believe fate led us to him and wants Perrie and I to bring him into our family." I finished. The agent was writing on a little pad that she brought along.

"I think fate did bring you all together." She said with a large smile appearing on her face. "On to my second and last question." She paused slightly looking between the two of us. "Are you sure you're ready to take on a third child?" I looked at Perrie as she nodded in sync with me.

"We couldn't be more ready. We were even talking about changing the nursery in our house around so we could fit another crib. We are still learning and we will admit it, the learning curve with three may change, but we are definitely ready to learn as much as we can. We would spend day and night learning as much as we could if it meant being able to add another little one to the mix." The agents smile if even possible grew.

"Well given the support system that you have, the steady income and the willingness to take another little one on. Along with your more than perfect answers and your willing to adapt to another. We at the agency would be more than happy to allow this adoption to go through. Congratulations to all five of you. I will let the hospital know and the rest will be smooth sailing." She shook both of our hands before leaving.

Perrie smashed me in a hug, before I tilted her chin and placed my lips on hers. Our lips moved in a passionate sync, a few minutes later we pulled away, breathing ragged but smiling.

"We may be in over our heads but I couldn't be any happier right now." She told me. I pecked her lips happily.

"I couldn't be either." She placed her lips on mine, before I heard the soothing voice of the nurse we met earlier.

"I can't believe that it went through so quickly. I'm so happy for the two of you. Would you like to hold your son?" She asked quietly. Perrie nodded before the nurse handed her the baby, said goodbye and exited the room. I looked at my three sleeping children and Perrie. I don't think my smile could be any wider at this moment.

"I love you all."