Ch. 35

AN-Check out my new book Lost Boy out now!

Third Person p.o.v.

Perrie, the girls and Debbie were waiting, jumping at every sound they heard. Hoping, wishing that the doctor would walk through the door with good news. Quiet sobs escaped every once in a while.

In the nursery, the babies were crying, confused as to why they weren't with their parents. They were usually with their parents most of the day, unless they were too hard to handle and their parents needed sleep, but that was rare. There was no calming them down, until they were in Perrie and Nicki's arms, or at least in their godmothers or grandmothers arms.

In the operating room, machines were beeping, the doctors were moving in sync as blood poured out of the poor man on the operating table. He was worse than they previously thought, well he was fine, until the doctors fucked up. They nicked an artery causing a major bleed.

The surgery was taking much longer than they had planned. They were supposed to be doing a keyhole procedure, only making small holes in the side of his chest. But as they removed the tumor, the machine malfunctioned, causing them to have to completely open him up.

He was flatlining. Heart rate slowing, almost stopping. The doctors were trying everything but they couldn't find the bleed. Blood was flowing faster they they could put more into him. He was dying.

"Stop." One of the doctors yelled. Calming the frantic doctors around him.  "I found it." He said before directing the staff, so he could suture the artery.

After two extra hours of surgery the man on the table was closed up and on his way back to the five waiting women and three calm babies. Three of the women were holding their godchildren, while the other two were pacing the room, nerves taking over them.

He was their rock, the babies father, the mothers boyfriend, and the grandmothers son.

The doctors brought him into the room. The blonde collapsed on the edge of the bed, breaking down into sobs. The small brunette puffed up, likely due to the anger brewing inside of her.

"What the fuck did you do to him?" She practically screamed. "This was supposed to be a simple and quick surgery. There were supposed to be small incisions. You opened his whole damn chest up!" This time she was really screaming and shooting death glares at the doctors.

"The machine malfunctioned while we were removing the tumor. It nicked an artery causing a severe bleed. We tried to fix it without having to open him up, but we couldn't find it. The only other solution was to open him up." The doctor was as cool as a cucumber. His words were carefully escaping his mouth. "I'm sorry but it was the only way to save him." He exited the room along with the other foreign adults.

The two brunettes were about to go after the doctor to give him a piece of their mind but something stopped them. The small voice of their blonde band mate attracted their attention.

"I told them to do whatever it took. They save him that's all that matters." The blonde spoke softly, almost as if, if she spoke louder she would lose all of her composure. She was curled into the side of the love of her life.

It didn't take long before the three other band mates placed the babies back in their bassinets, they assumed their normal positions, as if they were back cuddling in the mans bed, just like normal. The two brunettes to his left, while the blonde and the girl with the fro to his left.

They were all tired. It didn't take long for the four of them to join the boy in a deep slumber. The blondes mother however had another plan on her mind. She went into the hallway to search for the doctor. Nothing was going to stop her.

She rounded the corner and ran smack dab into person she was looking for. The doctors expression came of as visibly shaken. He knew what was going to happen and he was scared.

"What in the hell is your problem?" She screamed into the doctors face which was inches away. "She never gave you permission to fillet him like a fish." She said voice still shaky with anger but her volume was lower. "You didn't even have the decency to send someone to tell us what is going on." She was poking the doctor hard in the chest, pushing him backwards. "I hope you have a good lawyer because I, sure as you going to hell, am going to sue you for every penny you own."

The doctor was pushed up against the wall, however the blonde wasn't causing a scene. Her voice was steady, threatening and dangerous. She was spitting fire. Eventually she pulled away. She flattened out the doctors lapel, shooting him one last death glare before she returned to her "sons" bedside.

She couldn't help to awe at the sight before her. Her three adoptive daughters and daughter cuddled into her son. Yes her son, not biologically or legally, but her was her son through and through. She practically raised him, brought him into her family and cared for him, protected him. He would proudly admit to anyone that she was his mother and the same could be said about her. Now hopefully he would become her son, when her daughter married him. Not if when.

She leaned over the bed and placed a kiss on his forehead like any mother would do to their sick child. He smiled faintly before a groan escaped his lips. The older blonde wasn't the only one to notice. The four girls laying next to him did as well, they looked at him before another groan passed his tight lips.

He was in pain, more than he could imagine. His face was pale, he was sweating. The older blonde noticed and quickly hit the call button signaling a nurse. The nurse came in quickly, once she noticed the blonde boy moving she exited saying she would be back with the doctor.

The girls in the room could only hope that the male doctor that was previously in the room didn't have the balls to show his face around them. Thankfully the female doctors face peered around the corner near the entrance of the room.

"Is he awake?" She asked quite shocked.

"He's groaning and moving." The older brunette said, while all but the younger blondes, who had stayed in the bed, hovered over the blonde haired boy. Another groan threatened to escape before the look of realization his the doctor.

"I'm going to prescribe him some painkillers, it should help him. I'm sorry for what happened with my colleague." She began as she typed in a prescription for the only adult male in the room. "He is an arrogant prick who thinks, pardon my language, his shit don't stink. He thought he could handle this new procedure, but he couldn't. I should have been the one to do the surgery, but as usual the male gender reigns supreme in medicine and he took the surgery right out of my hands. I should have fought for it so he wouldn't have been butchered by him.

"I'm going to let the board know what happened, thankfully most of them are female, so they won't be gender biased and should take the right measures to fix this. If they don't, I will 100% be on your side if you sue him." She said before quietly saying goodbye returning to her long, tiring job.

"Finally someone owns up to their mistake." The darker skinned girl commented. The nurse returned to the room, placed painkillers in the boys iv, said goodbye and left. The pained look on his face disappeared along with the sweat. He slowly shifted into the blonde laying at his side.

He was looking for comfort. He knew he had it with her.

AN-So I've figured out that I love writing in third person. It allows me to add more detail. So it's going to be used a lot more in my books, it may even bring about a completely new story. Stay tuned 😈