Chapter 5

Bear-san Goes To The Adventurer’s Guild

When I arrived at the guild, there were a large number of adventurers inside.

Everyone either had a sword or a staff.

It seemed like the game world, except that there were no players around.

"There’s quite a lot of people in the morning."

"That’s because low-rank adventurers struggle to find work. Everyone comes early so that they can get a good job."

Indeed, you wouldn’t be able to defeat strong monsters if you weren’t strong yourself.

Some adventurers can only take subjugation requests for weak monsters.

If the number of requests didn’t match the number of adventurers, some people would struggle.

I split up with Fina at Gentz-san’s place and entered the male-dominated guild building.

Many eyes turned to me when I entered.

Was I that eye-catching, or was a woman entering that unusual? Everyone was staring at me.

As expected, even though it hadn’t mattered if you were a woman or a man in the game, were there not that many female adventurers?

When I looked around, I saw that there were indeed more men than women. The ratio was about 7 to 3.

I walked towards the lady receptionist, who looked about 20 years old, as I ignored the gazes on me.

"It’s my first time here, but…"

"Ah, yes, are you joining the adventurer’s guild?"

"I heard that I would get an identification card?"

"Yes, the adventurer’s guild card can be used in any country."

"Then, I will have to trouble you."

I felt a gaze from behind me when I asked, so I turned around.

"Oioi, a weird-looking lass like you becoming an adventurer? Are you looking down on adventurers? The quality of adventurers is dropping because of people like you."

A template?

(Xant: A template is a jap term referring to a cliche, like big-tits receptionist and shit.)

"I just asked for an identification card. There is no reason for you to say something like that to me."

"That’s even more reason to say such things. We don’t need adventurers who will not work."

"I didn’t say I that I wouldn’t work. I will do what I can do."

"I’m telling you, that’s why the quality drops."

"Miss receptionist, is what this person saying true?"

"There are no problems if you meet the minimum qualifications."

"The minimum?"

"You must be at least 13 years old and get to rank E within a year. If you do not reach the minimum requirements, you will be kicked out."

"Rank E?"

"Basically possessing the ability to subjugate low level monsters like Goblins or Wolfes."

"Then there are no problems. I can defeat Wolfes."

"Gyahahaha, don’t lie. There’s no way a lass like you can defeat a Wolfe."