Chapter 146

Bear-san Dives Into The Mine, Part 6 – Mithril Golem Part

Since I was now able to easily defeat Iron Golems by using Lightning Magic, I moved forward without a problem.

Anytime an Iron Golem crossed my path, a Bear Lightning Punch took care of it.

Having it easy was great, but Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear seemed bored while only walking beside me and not even getting a turn.

I was happy with them just staying here by my side, though.

"Please help me when I’m in a pinch, okay?"

There was always a chance of something going wrong in fights, so I asked them to help me, just in case.

They suddenly seemed happier. Did they feel better because of what I had said?

Well, they would save me even if I didn’t ask them, right?

You guys would save me, right?

I patted their heads, and they tilted their head in confusion since this was so sudden, but still seemed to like it.

As we kept going forward, I defeated four more Iron Golems without a hitch, so the Bears hadn’t gotten an opportunity to help me.

Now, there were only the five Irons Golem in our way to the Mithril Golem.

Idiot Rangers had defeated them yesterday, but my detection magic confirmed that the five golems had properly respawned.

Wouldn’t it be possible for someone to obtain a permanent iron supply if they could keep defeating those five every day? Well, if they did that, miners would lose their jobs and become homeless.

These golems had both good and bad sides to them.

People who could defeat them would be able to earn a lot of money, but others would suffer in return.

Also, there was more to mine than just iron here, bringing even more trouble to the miners.

Well, it wasn’t my job to think about the mining industry; that job was for nobles.

My job was to defeat the golems that had appeared in the mine. More precisely, my job was to defeat the one we believed was responsible for all of this, the Mithril Golem.

I would be done here if killing the Mithril Golem ended the golem troubles. If it didn’t end it, I would just have to leave them to the country.

Either way, what I had to do didn’t change. Using my Bear Lightning Punches, I defeated the five Iron Golems, then descended to the lower floor to defeat the Mithril Golem.

The map changed, and I found the Mithril Golem’s signal with detection magic. I really hoped this would end after I defeated it.

I kept moving forward until I reached the crevice where the Mithril Golem was and saw traces of fighting all around. There were a lot of crumbled rocks and slashes on the walls left behind by wind magic.

Was it from when Idiot Rangers had fought the Mithril Golem yesterday?

They probably hadn’t paid attention to the possible collapse, so it was great that nothing had happened.

In the middle of this mess, the Mithril Golem stood looking at me.

So, it already noticed me? Well then, time to fight.

I told Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear to fall back, and faced the Mithril Golem on my own.

Still, I shouldn’t fight here. I wasn’t like those Idiot Rangers and couldn’t just use strong magic or Bear Punches because I feared the tunnel collapsing.