Chapter 118

Bear-san Finds Goblins

The sun was going down, so the students started setting up the campsite.

There wasn’t really much to do, though. They just had to tend to the horses and start a campfire.

We then all ate our own food before going to sleep.

"So, I will be first lookout, then Timor, Cattleya, and Shia. Is that okay?"

"Yes."

They all nodded.

He didn’t list my name, so that meant I could sleep, right?

The person on lookout also had to tend to the fire.

The others would be sleeping in the narrow-spaced carriage.

"Timor, are you okay?"

Cattleya called out to Timor when he left the carriage.

"I don’t have the courage to sleep next to three girls. I will sleep outside with Marcus."

"I really appreciate this. After all, I can’t sleep with boys either."

Cattleya-san thanked Timor.

The three of us found places to sleep inside the small carriage. Even without the boys, there was barely enough space. I was sure Timor had decided to sleep outside because he had realized that.

We wrapped ourselves in our blankets and lied down.

"Yuna-san, Shia-san, have a good night."

"Goodnight."

"Night."

I thought we would have some girl talk, but they weren’t used to traveling, so they fell asleep really quickly.

I didn’t change into the White Bear either. I was sure that they would have mocked me if I had changed. I didn’t use any magic and didn’t do anything that would have tired me out either. If I had to complain about something, it would be that I was tired mentally.

I didn’t think that being around boys of the same age as me would wear me out this much.

This must have been the reason I stopped going to school and became a hikikomori.

I dove deep under the blanket and summoned Hugging Bear in his cub form under it.

Hugging Bear climbed on top of my belly; he felt light thanks to the Bear Clothes.

"Wake me up if any monsters or bandits come, okay? …Also, I don’t think they will, but if the boys come to assault us, tell me, okay?"

Hugging Bear cried out softly to avoid waking the other two up.

I used Hugging Bear as a stuffed toy replacement and went to sleep.

Hugging Bear was warm and gave me a sense of security; it wasn’t long before I fell asleep.

I opened my eyes when Cattleya moved.

It seemed it was time for a lookout change.

"I’m coming."

She silently said to someone. According to the lookout order, it should be Timor.

Cattleya climbed out of the carriage.

I hugged Hugging Bear and fell back asleep just after.

A while later, Cattleya returned and woke up Shia.

Shia was the last lookout, so it would be morning soon, right?

Shia left the carriage while Cattleya rolled up in her blanket and went to sleep.