Chapter 105

Bear-san Becomes A Rank C Adventurer

I went to the Commerce Guild, which I hadn’t been to for a while.

I took a quick look around for Mylene-san, who was always slacking off, but the Guild Master wasn’t sitting at the reception desk. It was possible that I wouldn’t be able to see that scene for some time. I felt sad when I thought about that, but for the employees, it was probably something to be happy about.

As I was thinking about which reception desk I should go to, since she wasn’t here, I noticed Riana, who had taken care of me when I bought the plots of lands, so I decided to go to hers.

"Yuna-san, welcome. What business might you have here today? Is there any problem with the land you bought the other day?"

"That’s not it. I have no problems with it. On the contrary, I was thinking if it was really okay for you to sell it to me that cheaply."

"No problem, I heard the story about Mireera from the guild master the other day. Keeping that in mind, the land was a cheap price to pay. You will have a commerce rank of S in the future."

She said something huge.

I heard that rank S was for the major merchants, like the ones in the capital. I didn’t think that I would ever become one of those, and I didn’t even want to.

"Rank S is just a dream."

When I said that, Riana got closer to me and whispered.

"No, it’s not a dream. In the last meeting, I heard that it has been decided that a part of the tunnel fee will be put on Yuna-san’s card. If that happens, I think it will make up quite a sum. That’s why, you will definitely become one in a few years."

"Wait… They are talking about that in the meetings?!"

Riana placed her finger on her mouth to signal me to lower my voice.

"Don’t worry, Yuna-san, only a few people, such as the person in charge of finances and the direct subordinates of the guild master, know about it."

"Mylene-san is the guild master, right? Aren’t all of you her subordinates?"

"That’s not a good way of putting it. Some people can substitute for the guild master. They take over her tasks, when she isn’t here."

"That means you, Riana, are her substitute?"

"I’m not that important. I’m just your receptionist when she isn’t here."

What was with that? Her being my personal receptionist…

"I believe it’s because I was in charge of you when you were buying the plots of land. That’s why, please call for me when the guild master isn’t here, okay? If I am unable to help you, I will relay everything to the guild master."

Riana bowed, so I ended up bowing as well.

"Still, why would my guild rank go up when I receive the tunnel fee?"

"The rank will go up because the profits made with the fee are taxed."

In other words, it was like I was running a business with the tunnel.

Commerce rank, huh. There didn’t seem to be any benefits from ranking up, though.

"So, Yuna-san, why did you come here today?"

Ah, I had almost forgotten.

I asked Riana about the honey problem.

"It seems that obtaining honey has become hard recently, so the prices were suddenly raised. Do you know the reason?"