Chapter 125

Bear-san Goes Back To The Capital

For three days now, we had been traveling with the shaking carriage. We would arrive at the capital tomorrow. On our journey back, nothing had happened yet. The goblins we saw on our way to the village probably just tried to escape the Black Tiger. With the Black Tiger dead, there was no longer a reason for them to come on the road.

We didn’t encounter any other monsters, either, so encountering those goblins was really just bad luck.

It was a peaceful trip back home.

Since the students already knew how strong I was, I had summoned Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear in their cub forms, only for the two of them to be hugged by Shia and Cattleya. The bears had always been with me, so seeing them hugged by someone else made me a bit sad. Hmm, I would have never thought about something like this when I was still in Japan. This showed that Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear had really became my precious family members, unlike my real family.

Well, this sadness would be gone tomorrow. We were about to arrive at the capital, after all.

As the carriage peacefully rattled onward, Marcus called a break for today’s lunch. Just as we were about to stop, we noticed another carriage parked by the side of the road. Some other people had already decided to stop and take a break here, it seemed.

"Isn’t that Jigurd?"

Marcus pointed at the other carriage.

"Marcus, you have a really good sight."

Timor seemed not to see him even after Marcus pointed him out.

Shia and Cattleya looked out of the carriage.

"You’re right."

"Jigurd and his party are here."

The girls seemed to have a good sight, too.

"You know these people?"

"Their party is also in the middle of the practice training."

Did that mean there were other people like Marcus out there?

I need to prepare myself, then. I could just stay in the carriage, right? That probably wouldn’t really work…

Marcus parked our carriage right next to theirs, and the other party approached us.

It was two boys and two girls, just like my party.

"I was wondering who it was, but it was just Marcus and Timor!"

"Jigurd, are you also on your way back to the capital?"

"Yeah, we are a running a bit late, but isn’t it the same for you, Marcus?"

"Well, a few things happened, you see."

Marcus avoided the question with a laugh.

Shia and Cattleya also left the carriage to say hello to the girls of the other party.

It would have been a pain to explain Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear to them, so I returned them to the gloves before we reached their carriage.

"Hey, Marcus, who is this girl wearing strange clothes?"

Jigurd asked Marcus when he saw me with a smile on his face.

His broad grin really made me want to throw a Bear Punch into his face.

Was it okay for me to punch him? It was okay, right? It was okay as long as he didn’t die, right? The Bear God was telling me that I could do it.

As I was contemplating whether I should punch him or not, Marcus took out his sword and pointed it at Jigurd. It wasn’t just Marcus; Timor, who was right next to Marcus, also took out his wand.