Chapter 84

Bear-san Saves People

There were people in this snowstorm.

They were probably adventurers like me.

Did they come all the way here to kill some monsters?

Thinking that it would be a pain if they attacked out of surprise after seeing Swaying Bear, I decided to pass by them without making contact, but the signal from the detection magic didn’t move.

Were they camping?

It was hard to believe that they would be moving during a snowstorm.

It was possible that there was a cave and they were just taking a break.

Then, wouldn’t it be fine if I just continued on my way?

In the end, after thinking deeply about what to do, I decided to continue advancing towards them .

The storm was becoming stronger and stronger.

Using the detection magic, I finally arrived near the signal.

There was no cavern nor large boulders in sight, nowhere you could hide. In addition to that, nobody was standing around here. Still, the detection magic was reacting.

The only thing I could think was that they were buried under the snow.

Wasn’t that really bad?

I concentrated my gaze on the mass of snow.

In front of me, Swaying Bear reacted. When I turned my gaze to where he was looking, I noticed a buried bag.

I rushed over and shove away the snow. I saw a man and a woman who had collapsed while hugging each other.

"Are you okay!?"

I blew away the snow with wind magic and shook them.

The two of them were unconscious, but they were still breathing.

I looked for a place that was protected from the snow, and found a little cavern a short distance away.

However, it was not big enough to guard against the snow.

I just had to make it bigger then.

I summoned Hugging Bear and asked the bears to transport the collapsed people.

I approached the little cave and carefully used magic, to avoid causing an avalanche.

When the cave became big enough, I brought out the portable Bear House that I used during my trip to the capital.

I brought the two unconscious people inside and put them on the sofas.

To warm them up, I brought out a blanket and covered them with it.

Just that wouldn’t be enough, so I warmed the room.

The Bear House had been made so that it wouldn’t be hot or cold. A moderate temperature was always guaranteed. However, to warm up the two freezing people, I used a fire magic stone.

After doing that, I just had to wait for them to wake up.

While waiting, I decided to have a meal.

I went to the kitchen and prepared a warm meal and drink. When I came back to the room, the woman’s body began to move, and she opened her eyes.

"W, where…?"

"Are you awake?"

The woman looked around the room, before finally landing on me.