Chapter 104

Bear-san Eats Pancakes

A couple of days had passed since I came back to Crimonia.

Mylene-san and Cliff were busy. They were subjugating the monsters around the tunnel with the help of the Adventurer’s Guild and making a road to it. They were purchasing and installing the magic lines. Also, Cliff departed to the capital a few days back. The last time I saw him, he was looking really tired, but it shouldn’t have been because of me. I believed it was divine punishment for naming the tunnel “Bear Tunnel”.

Well, I didn’t really care about Cliff. I was hungry, so I headed towards the Bear’s Rest.

When I arrived at the shop, the two cute bear statues greeted me. Recently, this deformed bear had been a hot topic in the town. I knew it, deformed things didn’t exist in this world.

As I was looking at the shop, customers entered. It seemed that it was flourishing more than ever. Morin-san’s bread was delicious, after all.

Recently, the honey soaked pancakes Morin-san and I made together were really popular. Well, Japanese pancakes were better in terms of ingredients, but I believed that we managed to reach the point where they were quite delicious.

My goal today was eating those pancakes.

I entered the shop and saw little bears moving around. When they saw me, the children approached me, but I told them that they didn’t have to mind me and should carry on with their tasks.

The children nodded and returned to work.

As I watched them leave, I deemed their swaying bear tails cute. Such clothes wouldn’t suit an adult like me. They suited the children better.

However, something troublesome had happened recently.

A few days ago, I saw the orphans in their Bear Uniforms walking through the town like it was normal.

When I confirmed it with Tirumina-san, it seemed that some children wore them even during their days off, and the number doing so had been slowly increasing. I quickly gave them money to buy normal clothes, but they said, “It helps advertise the shop, so isn’t it okay?”.

It was still too early for the costumes to become popular in this world.

I asked Tirumina-san to tell them to stop, but I didn’t know if it would really help.

“They all love you and want to imitate you. That’s why you should let them do whatever they want.”

Was what she said, but my instinct was telling me that it was the only line that shouldn’t be crossed. If it was crossed, I could already imagine that the world would be infested with costumes.

That was the conversation I remembered having with Tirumina-san.

As I was walking towards the kitchen in the back, I saw a person I knew well.

"Rurina-san."

Rurina-san was eating pancakes by herself.

"Yuna-chan, it’s been a while."

"Rurina-san, what about your job?"

I sat down in front of Rurina-san.

"I just finished my job and returned yesterday. I plan to rest for a while. What about you, Yuna-chan?"

"I came to eat as well."

I caught a passing Bear Girl and ordered pancakes and fried potatoes. Normally, a person had to go to the counter, but this was my manager’s privilege.