Chapter 182

Cliff Attends the Party, Cliff’s Perspective

Author’s Note:

Since Yuna doesn’t attend the party, this chapter will be written from Cliff’s perspective.

Thanks to Yuna, we were able to secure a chef for the party.

Not to mention, she brought us the royal head chef himself. Just what was this bear thinking? I could understand if it was just a regular chef working at the castle, but bringing the most influential chef there? That would be impossible for any normal person.

She had departed three days ago, in the middle of the night. I didn’t know how fast her summoned bears could go, but even she shouldn’t have been able to waltz into the castle right after arriving to the capital, right? Even though Yuna said that Eleanora had helped her get an audience with the king, I couldn’t imagine her being let in that easily.

She had been able to meet His Majesty without even a moment’s notice and got permission to borrow his head chef on the spot. She had even gotten all the necessary ingredients from the castle. How effective could she be…?

Just what had she done to make His Majesty let her get away with something like that? This was all way too baffling.

I must ask Eleanora for the details later.

While the bear had brought some great news, she also brought along some trouble…

I should be thanking her, but with the trouble she brought, I couldn’t do it genuinely.

If she had been planning on bringing such an amazing chef, she should have at least said something beforehand. Both Old Man Gran and I were completely perplexed.

Eleanora had gotten herself involved as well, and because of that, I would have to thank His Majesty in person. Of course, Old Man Gran planned to do the same.

The more I thought about the aftermath of Yuna bringing us the royal head chef, the more my head hurt. Still, Yuna had indeed brought over the best chef we could possibly get.

Right now, I should be thinking about how we could make the most out of this.

The outcome of this feud would be determined by how many people we could bring onto our side during this party.

Old Man Gran and Leonardo had tried to make some prior arrangements with several merchants, but that had not gone favourably. Just looking at the situation in the town, they had been able to deduce that we were on the losing side.

Still, during the last ten years, Old Man Gran had helped a lot of people. We had to bring those people in first and show them that we hadn’t been beaten yet. We also needed to get as many people of neutral standing as we could.

On the day of the party, I headed to the assembly hall early and waited until it was time to let the guests in. Today, the spotlight would be on Old Man Gran, and I had to do my best for this party to succeed.

Once the guests started to enter, I moved to a spot from where I could see the entire hall.

The guests, who were mostly the town’s nobles and merchant, slowly poured into the hall.

As I watched these influential people enter one by one, a man with a toad-like face caught my eye. It was Gerardo Salbert, the enemy of Old Man Gran.

Next to Gerardo was his son, Randall, who had picked a fight with the girls. Just hearing about what he had done to them made me want to hit him. It was just Gerardo and his son as his wife had passed away several years ago, or at least that was what I had heard.