Chapter 60

Bear-san Obtains Potatoes

When I went to wake the three who were still sleeping,

"What is everyone doing in the garden?"

Eleanora-san came over.

"Welcome back, madam."

"Ara, the way those three are sleeping looks really comfortable."

She wore a warm expression as she watched the three of them sleep while being embraced by Swaying Bear.

"Are those bears Yuna-chan’s summoned beasts?"

"The black one is Swaying Bear, and the white one is Hugging Bear."

"What cute names. Is it alright if I touch them?"

"It’s alright as long as you don’t harm them."

Eleanora-san approached and touched Swaying Bear.

"It’s warm and pleasant to touch. Like this, one couldn’t help but want to sleep."

She smiled while gazing at the three young girls.

"What are the two of you doing?"

"I was fixing the flower beds with Yuna-san’s assistance."

Suririna-san showed off the flower beds we made together.

"Ah, the flower beds you were talking about the other day, right? Did you do this in a single day? They’re beautiful."

"Yes, Yuna-san’s magic was splendid, and made them according to the image I had in mind."

"Is that so? Yuna-chan, thank you. It seems we have given you all sorts of trouble."

She looked at the beautifully completed flower beds and at the girls who were sleeping in the bears’ embrace.

"I really must reward you with something to show my gratitude."

"That’s not necessary, since you helped me out today."

"Ah, that matter, huh. Since I dispatched the soldiers immediately, the thieves should be subjugated in a few days, so you can rest easy."

"They won’t run away?"

"It’s all right. If you caught all of the thieves that attacked you, then the thieves at the hideout won’t know that their comrades were captured, right?"

"However, if they never return…"

"Judging from previous instances, after the thieves assault someone, they go to the nearby village to buy food and drink. They don’t normally return to the hideout immediately, so they wouldn’t consider it strange if people returned late."

"Is that village all right?"

"It’s all right, since the thieves won’t attack the village."

"Why is that?"

"Criminals cannot enter the Royal Capital or towns, as these places are able to examine them and look up their criminal records. It’s only in villages that they aren’t examined. If they attacked villages, then they would lose a place to buy goods, which is why the thieves won’t attack the villages."

I see, so the thieves also had rules that they followed, huh?

"Now then, it’s about time for these three to wake up."

"Mother?"

She looked at her mother with a sleepy face.

"Good morning. The three of you seem to have slept well, hmm."

kuma Kuma Kuma BearOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara