Chapter 177

Bear-san Asks Zelef-san For A Favor

After getting permission from the king, I headed to the royal kitchen.

For some reason, the king himself accompanied me instead of Eleanora-san.

It was because of the conversation Eleanora-san and the king had.

"Eleanora, I’ll accompany her, so you can get back to work."

"Wha-Why? I can escort her, no problem."

"No, you should return to your work. It’s better for me to tag along, so I can explain the situation to Zelef."

"My job right now is patrolling the castle, and I can easily stop by the kitchen to explain it to him in your stead."

"What about the matter from the other day, Eleanora-sama?"

The man next to the king asked Eleanora-san.

"Not done yet, Zangu."

Eleanora-san averted her eyes while replying.

"I asked you to treat it as an urgent matter, didn’t I?"

The man, who seemed to be named Zangu, asked her nicely but firmly.

"Ugh, I get it. Yuna-chan, see you later. Let me know if this guy says anything weird to you."

"Please return here as quickly as you can, Father, and don’t run off like you usually do. Just like Eleanora, you have a lot of urgent business to attend to."

The prince lectured the king.

"Don’t worry, I will come straight back. Also, don’t make it sound like I skip work all the time."

"You skip work every time this bear comes here!"

The prince said, looking at me.

Why was he looking at me, though?

It wasn’t my fault that the king decided to skip work. I never asked for an audience with him; he sought me out on his own. So, could the prince please stop looking at me like it was my fault? Well, this time around it was my fault, but as for all of the other cases, I had nothing to do with it.

For some reason, I felt like the prince hated me…

I didn’t recall ever doing anything that would make him hate me, though.

He shouldn’t blame me because the king passed his work onto him, right?

If he really wanted the king to do his job, he should just tie him to his chair.

That way, the king would have to do his work and not pass it onto the prince. The king also wouldn’t be able to bother me anymore, so it was like killing two birds with one stone. I should suggest this to him when I had the opportunity to meet with him in private. I had no problem with him hating me, but it could be a problem if he decided to cause me trouble because of it.

Not to mention that he was Princess Flora’s older brother, so I should leave a good impression, or he might try to interfere with my meetings with her.

Anyway Eleanora-san unwillingly went off to work while the king and I headed to the royal kitchen, where we were met with several chefs in the middle of their cooking.

"You sure have a lot of cooks."

"They have to prepare meals for everybody working at the castle, and that’s a lot of food."

I noticed that all of the chefs were now looking at us. Well, the king himself just visited their kitchen, so it only made sense for them to look at him in surprise.