Chapter 95

Bear-san Makes a Tunnel

The next day, after eating breakfast, I returned to my room while remembering Anzu’s words.

If it was closer, she would agree to go to Crimonia. Yet, for now, you had to take a large detour through the coastal road to get there. The only other option was to cross the mountain range. These two possibilities were both time consuming, and not very safe.

I wanted seafood to reach the town, though.

When I thought about, the best option would be to make a tunnel.

If there was a tunnel, the distance to Crimonia would be shorter, Anzu would come back with me, and seafood would be able to reach Crimonia.

There was a problem with making a tunnel, though.

You couldn’t make a tunnel by just digging through the mountain.

There was a difference in altitudes.

If I just started digging horizontally, it was possible that I would just come out in the middle of the mountain on the other side. Also, if this side was lower than the other side, I would just end up digging through the earth forever.

If I didn’t know what the difference in altitude was, I wouldn’t be able to make a tunnel.

I opened my map to check.

"Huh?"

The map had changed.

It had been a 2D map previously, but now it was a 3D one.

When I looked around a little, I was able to find the difference in altitude.

Had the map leveled up when I killed the Kraken?

I checked to see if I had any new skills, but it didn’t seem like it.

I looked at the map again.

I could see that the mountain range was very tall.

Ranya-san was really silly to even consider going up a mountain that tall.

It was a mountain that I absolutely wouldn’t want to climb if I didn’t have Swaying Bear with me.

The 3D map was a really useful thing for making a tunnel.

I looked for a good place to start digging on the map.

It had to be near the highway, as well as being close to a road that led to Crimonia.

Just as I found two possible spots, someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"

"It’s Sei. Yuna-san, is it okay to talk with you for a bit?"

When I opened the door, Sei was standing there.

"What is it?"

"I am really sorry to bother you while you are resting. The guild master wants to speak with you, so could you come to the Adventurer’s Guild?"

"Why does she want to talk with me?"

I refused anything troublesome.

"I believe she wants to talk to you about the city."

About the city?

I was told that I would hear all of the details from Atora-san, so it wasn’t really possible to refuse the invitation. Therefore, I decided to go to the Adventurer’s Guild.

When we arrived at the guild, I was led to the room in the back.

Atora-san, Grandpa Kuro, and two other elderly men I didn’t know were inside.