Chapter 97

Bear-san Heads To The Tunnel

On the day of the departure, Cliff and Mylene-san came to the Bear House, where I was waiting for them.

"We made you wait."

"I didn’t wait very long. Why is Mylene-san here though?"

They were a surprising combination. I might have thought that since it was rare to see them together, though.

"Are you really asking why? Mylene is the Commerce Guild’s master of this town, you know. If I remember correctly, you two are acquaintances, right?"

Cliff said, looking as if he just remembered something.

This was the first time I had heard of it. Now that I thought about it, I had never met the Commerce Guild’s master.

"We know each other, but… Mylene-san, you are the guild master?"

"Oh, did I forget to tell you?"

She said, playing dumb.

She definitely didn’t tell me on purpose.

"It was a joke. I just never found the right timing to tell you. The fact that I’m the guild master and not just a normal employee won’t change our relationship, right?"

"Myelene-san, are you older than you look?"

The young Mylene-san was always sitting at the counter, so I never expected her to be the guild master. The only thing that I could think was that she had a deceptive appearance, just like Eleanora.

"That’s rude. I’m in my twenties, just like my appearance suggests."

This…wasn’t this age range too big?

Personally, I really thought that there was a big difference between 20 and 29. Well, if she didn’t want to say it, she was probably in the latter half.

Though, if Mylene-san really was the guild master, then that explained a lot of things. For example, Mylene-san’s judgment had been really helpful when selling the eggs.

There was no way that a normal employee could have made my desire to not sell eggs to the Feudal Lord a reality.

"I don’t care whether you are in your 20s, 30s or 40s. Staying here like this is not going to help us. We should go."

"W, Wait! The difference between your 20s and 30s is like the difference between Heaven and Earth! And what’s with the 40s!!! You’ll be hated if you say that to a lady, you know!"

"It’s okay. Unlike a certain someone, I am already married and have children."

He had such a beautiful wife and young daughters that he was probably in the winner camp. The only problem was that he didn’t have a male successor. It was possible that I just didn’t know about it, though. I hadn’t known about Shia before going to the capital either.

"Are you looking for a fight?"

"I just stated the truth."

The air between the two of them turned dangerous.

Were they possibly like a dog and a cat?

I didn’t know which one was which, but…more importantly.

"Mylene-san, you will come to Mireera?"

"Of course. There is the Commerce Guild’s scandal, and I also want to see if there really is a tunnel, because if there is, we could start trading with Mireera. Considering all of that, there will be many things that can’t be dealt with if I, the Guild Master, am not there. Also, the most important part is that I will be able to ride the famous bears. I would be going even if I had to skip work for it."